Jimin's "Date"

~17:33~

Jimin devised a plan.

If he can't take Y/N to a planetarium or to Earth, why not bring both to her? He's an engineer, this is his field. While Namjoon and Seulgi are creating a plan, Jimin is modifying one of the extra scanners. Yeah - the same scanners used to save Y/N's life. The floating little orbs that scan things. He thinks he can modify it to display images rather than scan. In fact, he's already almost finished doing that. The real trick will be displaying a realistic projection of Earth. Of course, actually taking Y/N to Earth would be better, but it seems as though they're heading towards the Belt.

He uses his tools and works long into the night. No one bothers him, and he's grateful for it. He figures that before he makes any crazy moves on Y/N, he might as well get to know her better. Jimin doesn't know too much about her other than her family life and how many relationships she's been in. Well, that and she wants to see Earth's sky more than anything. He can use this as a chance to get to know her and her knowledge of other planets. She was probably forced to learn a lot due to her last name, but he knows he'll be able to tell when she actually likes some of the knowledge she learned. Like when she talks about ships and the sky, whether it be on Earth, Mars, or Ganymede. He wants to find out what makes her gears turn.

The Engineer works long and hard, and by the time he's finally finished, he checks the clock to see it's 1:03 of the next day. It took him almost eight full hours to perfect the new projection machine. He had to program it and everything. It's larger than it was before due to him having to add some parts to display the images correctly, but when he presses play, he's more than satisfied with the results. Every image looks realistic, and it's even better than he originally imagined. With his plan finally going smoothly, he lies on his bed and drifts off to sleep with a smile.

~The Next Day - 13:30~

It's safe to say you and Jimin haven't talked in a couple days. After what happened between you two, you've been a stuttering mess around him. You shouldn't have gotten so close. Now you regret it. Well, no, you really don't, but you regret feeling this awkwardness now. You were so close to kissing him that you literally felt his lips. But no, you had to wimp out at the last second. You feel like an idiot, seeing as your feelings have only grown since then. Your desire to talk to him has become unmanageable. So much so that you open your closet.

Obviously, you didn't pack for your trip. But Seulgi and you went rifling through everyone's closets yesterday to find clothes that may fit everyone. It's a new cruiser, so you found a bunch of standard-issue jumpsuits, sleepwear, and casual wear. Seulgi, however, decided to be clever. She used some of the colorful bedsheets from the extra rooms and took the fabric to sew designs into some of the shirts for you and her. Every cruiser has sewing kits, just in case. Kind of funny how many mandatory things are put on cruisers.

She's trying to make up to you, and you appreciate it, but you can't help but be in awe of her skills. She managed to make a plain white t-shirt look nice. It has cute, somewhat realistic flowers made out of red and green string sewn into it. You decide to throw it on along with the black pants, then you tie the shirt with a hair tie Seulgi gave you. You tried to convince her not to give it to you, but as it turns out, she always has at least five in her pocket - same with chapstick.

After a few minutes, you brush your hair and overall make yourself look nice. By the time you're ready, you stroll over to the door. When you open it, you're amazed to see Jimin standing there, just about to knock. He's wearing the same outfit except no flowers. Casual white t-shirt and black pants. Even in casual attire, you have to admit - he looks good.

"H-Hi," you say, forcing down your nerves.

He takes in your appearance for a moment before clearing his throat. "Are you busy right now?"