Sabotage

~19:34~

Jimin stands behind Namjoon, watching as his Captain fixes his appearance. Basic attire is given to the crew, standard issue stuff. But for the Captain? No, there's a whole suit for him. Granted, it's a little small on him since he's an above average size when compared to Martians, but the material is stretchy, so it's nothing crazy noticeable.

"How are we feeling about the hat?" Namjoon asks, turning towards the Engineer. Jimin studies his appearance for a few moments. They're in Namjoon's special Captain's quarters, with the Captain dressed up in dark attire. The suit is pretty basic, looks almost like he's an airline pilot back on Earth. Strangely, Jimin feels at home at the sight. He hasn't been to Earth in years now, and he's fine with that. Right now though? He almost wants to go back.

"I think it's a bit much," Jimin replies, hoping he didn't offend the man.

Namjoon looks over himself in the mirror for a few seconds, then shrugs. "I agree. I don't need to be overly formal here." Namjoon tosses the hat to the side and leans against his dresser, looking down for a moment before peeking up at Jimin. The Captain scans over the Engineer's appearance. "You're going to wear that?"

Jimin's freezes. "Sir?"

Namjoon appears looks confused. "What, you thought I didn't want you on camera?" At Jimin's growing shock, Namjoon smiles. "I want you to explain with me." Jimin keeps his body stiff, unsure of what to say in response. "I told you, you'll have a lot of responsibilities. This is another."

"With all due respect sir, Seulgi is the intelligence officer, not me. Not to mention she's a higher rank."

"If we were going by rank, we would include Jungkook."

Jimin raises a brow. "He wasn't a survivor, sir."

Namjoon pretends it's no big deal, patting the air. "Maybe not, but he has inside information on every faction in the solar system. That would make a lot of our points valid."

"Then why me?"

The Captain hesitates for a moment, toying with his words. "Because I want you to be there. You, me, and Y/N." Jimin is still not sure what his Captain means. Surely it would be wiser to have Seulgi on camera. She's much better-mannered and is overall a higher rank.

"Sir-"

"The Executive's Officer's quarters is right next door. Jungkook may be in there, but I'm sure he won't mind you picking out an outfit. I assigned Y/N the same task earlier. She should be with Seulgi right now." Jimin's eyes grow dark at the mention of Jungkook's name, but he tries to brush it off. He's not sure how to feel about this whole situation, but he decides to ignore his doubts. It's only a broadcast, maybe it doesn't really matter who tells the story. Or maybe that's what his Captain is going for. Having a low rank next to a high rank, even if the people watching don't know that. Maybe it's a sign of unity. Jimin's not totally sure. Regardless, he gives Namjoon a small nod and hum, then, turns to leave.

"And Jimin?" his Captain asks. He pauses, standing still for a moment. He resists the urge to gnaw on his lower lip in dread, instead deciding to turn around, meeting Namjoon's eyes. Namjoon almost looks sad. "Please don't start anything with Jungkook. We need him."

Jimin's left eye twitches, but he agrees nonetheless. "I'll try my best, sir." Namjoon seems unconvinced, but slowly nods as if dismissing him.

Jimin leaves, trembling as he lets the door close behind him. He approaches the room next door, raising his fist to knock, but he holds his fist in midair. If Jungkook is behind that door, how will Jimin react? Jimin keeps reminding himself that he doesn't know the full story, but for some reason, that makes him even angrier. He shakes himself out of his thoughts, letting out a sigh before knocking twice. When he hears a muffled 'come in', he opens the door.