CHAPTER 3

Y/N's POV

A month passed by and I really find school harder for me. Before, the problems that I only think of school are basketball, the deadlines of the projects and activities, the quizzes and exams, hoping to get a good score even though I know I have studied hard for it so that I won't get thrown out of my basketball team, and now another problem add up to the list, it's their closeness. Well, during the pass month, we've been eating at the cafeteria having Mark with us, I really haven't got my seat back at the cafeteria ever since Mark transferred in our school and he even switched seats with Jisoo so that he could have more time to talk to Rosé while waiting for the class to start. The three girls talk to me about it when the two of them are busy with their own worlds.

"Y/N, are you really okay about it?" Lisa asks me. I just hummed in response.

"Oh, come on Y/N, I've known you for how many years now and I can totally say that you are not okay with it." Jennie told me giving me a serious look.

"Why don't you just tell Rosé the truth?" Jisoo said. I looked at Rosé and Mark talking. I just sighed and looked back to the girls.

"You know the answer why I can't right? Remember that day when we hung out in a barbecue restaurant?" You told them.

Flashback

You and the four girls went to a barbecue restaurant to celebrate after your team won a basketball tournament the other night. You couldn't celebrate with them that night because you have to be with your team so you promised to them that you'll make it up for the next day and treat them to a barbecue restaurant. All of them decided to have a few drinks while you didn't join them because you still have to drive them home. Thanks to the drinks, Jennie started to tease you and Rosé. Rosé is your bestfriend but when you have someone to talk to about your feelings for her, you always come to Jennie since she's the first one who found out about your feelings for Rosé before Lisa and Jisoo knew about it.

"So Y/N-ah, Chaeyoung-ah, when are you two going to date someone?" Jennie asks you and Rosé.

"Yeah! Like Jisoo has Haein-oppa, Jennie has Taehyung, I have Jungkook." Lisa said.

"Why don't you and Rosé date each other?" Jisoo told us while she's giving you a playful look which causes you to almost spit out your drink.

"Yah! Why would I date Y/N?" Rosé said.

"Well, you guys have been bestfriends for how many years now and you both really know each other so why not try it?" Jennie said as you kicked her under the table to tell her to stop it.

"Ouch! That hurts!" Jennie exclaimed rubbing the part where you kicked her.

"But Chaeyoung-ah, don't you like Y/N?" Jisoo asked Rosé. You looked at Jisoo with your brows furrowed and she just gave you a wink causing you to just shook your head before turning your gaze to Rosé, waiting for her answer. Your hands started to get cold and your heart beats faster because you are too nervous to know her answer.

"It's not like I don't like him. I know Y/N is a good person and they're the type of a person that anyone could fall in love with because they are not that hard to love but I just couldn't see us dating, I couldn't see it in that way. I just see Y/N as my best friend and I can't lose someone like them in my life." She responded to Jisoo. All of you went silent for a moment, studying the atmosphere. Jennie, Lisa, and Jisoo gave you a sad look and you just smiled at them to tell them that you are okay.

"Chae's right, I totally agree with her. I don't want to lose our friendship too. Let's just stay friends until we get old?" You told Rosé offering her your pinky finger, wearing a forced smile on your face.