CHAPTER 12

ROSÉ's POV

The table is surrounded by my family. They are very delighted to see Y/N again after a long time. Our families are really close to each other so my parents treats Y/N like their own child.

The night is full of catching up with each other.

After dinner, my sister, Y/N and I went to our balcony to talk more.

"Oh! Y/N before I forgot. I'm inviting you to my wedding next month!" Alice told Y/N.

"Wow! Unnie/Noona you're getting married? Congratulations!" Y/N answered.

"Thank you! Tell your parents to come too and you can also bring a date if you have one."

"Okay, Unnie/Noona. I already have someone in mind." Y/N grinned at her.

"So you're dating someone now?!" Alice asked.

"Yes, Unnie/Noona." They said happily.

"Ohh. That's great." Alice replied as she looked at me. She knows everything about me. I can tell that she worried about what I am feeling right now.

"I'll leave you just for a while." She said as she stand up from her seat. She patted my shoulder before leaving.

There's an awkward silence between the two of us after Alice left us. Before, we could talk about everything like there's no tomorrow but now, here we are just sitting next to each other, not knowing what to do or say.

Y/N leaned on the chair to look up in the sky. The night sky is very clear. You could see the stars shining beautifully.

I mustered up my courage to talk to Y/N.

"So how are you?" We both said in unison and laughed after.

"You go first, Chae." Y/N said while smiling. 'Chae'. I've never heard them say it in a while. I missed it so much.

"Uhm, well. I guess I'm doing pretty well these days. You know college and stuffs. Had a lot of things to do and today is just a day where I could take a rest from all of it."

"Yeah. We're on our 3rd year so we pretty much have a lot of things to do but you know it's important to take a rest too." They replied.

"How about you? How have you been?" I asked Y/N as I look at them still watching the stars.

"Hmmm. Same as you. Juggling basketball and academics. It wasn't easy to do it but somehow I'm doing well."

"That's great to hear." I said.

There's another silence between us. After a minute I decided to break the silence.

"So... How's your relationship with Yeji?" I said as I look at them.

Y/N is smiling upon hearing her name.

"Well, we're doing great! I've never knew that I would met someone like her. I thought I would never felt this kind of love but when I met her, everything that I thought of changes. Every single day that I'm with her, it's just feel so perfect. It's like my life got better." Y/N replied. They were smiling all the time while saying it.

I felt guilty from what I did to them before. I shouldn't have hurt them.

"Y/N-ah..." I called them.

"Yes, Chae?" They replied, looking at me.

"I'm really sorry for what I did to you." I said looking down.

"It's okay, Chae. Everything is in the past now. I understand you." They put their hand on my shoulder which caused me to look at them, seeing them smiling.

We never left each others eyes until their phone rings.

"Oh. Uhm, excuse me for a while Chae." They said standing up to go to the corner of our balcony before answering the phone.

"Hmm. Babe? I'm not home yet. Rosé's mom offered me to have dinner here... Yeah I know they treat me like a family. Haha... Yes, I'll drive home safely. Okay, bye. I love you."

After the call they put their phone into their pocket and walked towards me.

"Chae, I guess I'll get going now."

"Oh, okay. I'll walk you outside." I said as we go downstairs.

"Mr. Park, Mrs. Park? I'll get going now. Thank you for the dinner. It was really delicious."

"You're welcome, Y/N. Come here again and have dinner with us, okay?" My mom said.

"Of course, Mrs. Park. I will." They replied smiling.

"Go home safe, okay?" My dad told them and Y/N nodded.

"Y/N! I'll send the invitation soon, okay? Rosé will deliver it." Alice said.

"Okay, Unnie/Noona. I'll get going now. " They said and bowed to my parents and Alice.

"I'll walk them outside." I told my family before going out.

As we reached to where their car is, they stopped and faced me.

"Uhm, thank you again Chae and it was nice seeing you again."

"Me too. Go home safely, okay?" I said and they nodded in response with a smile on their face.

They are about to walk towards the driver's side when I called them.

"Y/N-ah!"

"What is it Chae?"

"Can we be bestfriends again?" I asked and they chuckled.

"You're always my bestfriend, Chae. Even after what happened, that doesn't mean we are not bestfriends anymore." They said grinning at me.

"Thank you."

"I'll get going now. You should go back inside." They said before walking to the driver's side.

I watched them going to the car, wanting for them to look back at me. I don't know why but I don't want them to leave yet. I don't want this night to end yet.

But they didn't look back and drive off.

It wasn't that long ago since I was with them. But I miss them already. I hope to hang out with them again.

I entered our house and went straight to my bedroom. When I entered I could feel that my parents and Alice are looking at me but I kept walking towards my bedroom without looking at them. I just wanted to be alone.

I laid down on my bed and kept thinking about Y/N. Suddenly tears run down my eyes and I can confirm that I still have feelings for them. Wishing that I was that girl who is making them happy. Wishing to be by their side when they needed someone to comfort them.

I cried myself to sleep with Y/N still on my mind.

°°°°°

Author:

Hi, everyone! I just heard that news that BLACKPINK will be performing at the VMAs! I'm super excited to see them performing there! 😭💞

Thank you for reading this story. I really appreciate it very much! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. 💞