CHAPTER 4

As you hear someone knocking on your door, you slightly move and stretch out your arms.

"Y/N-ah! It's already 7:30 am. Get up now! You will be late in school." Your mom shouted. You quickly get up upon hearing the time.

"Oh shoot! Thanks mom!" You said as you headed to the bathroom and took a quick shower. After putting on your clothes, you run downstairs, about to open the door of your house when your mom called you.

"Y/N-ah! Come here in the kitchen."

"What is it, mom?" You asked. She handed you a lunch box.

"Here, I cooked your favorite food." She said and you gave her a confused look.

"Uhm, thanks mom. You really don't have to." You said as you take the lunch box from her.

"Well, I thought it could cheer you up."

"Shhh!" Your dad shushed at your mom.

"What was it again, mom?" You said. She looked at your dad and then looks back at you.

"Nothing! I said I just wanted to make your favorite food."

"Oh. Okay. I'll go now! See you later!" You waved your parents goodbye, went to your car and drive off to school.

You arrived at your school and park your car. Before you get out of the car, you look at your rear-view mirror to see what you look like. Your eyes looks puffy because you cried last night. You just shook your head upon seeing it. As you get out of your car, someone parks near you. It's Mark. He went on the other side of his car and Rosé came out from it. You quickly walked to your school gate so that they won't notice you but before you could go far away from them. Rosé called you. You shut your eyes tight for a while before facing them scratching your nape.

"Uhm. Hi." You said and look at their hands intertwined with each other and looks at Rosé's wrist where you have put the bracelet that you gave her, she's not wearing it. You quickly turned your gaze to their faces.

"Good morning, Y/N." Mark said smiling at you. You just gave him a weak smile without looking at him.

"Yah! What happened to your eyes?" Rosé said letting go of Mark's hand and comes closer to you. She was about to touch your face but you stepped back.

"Oh. It's nothing. I think some mosquitoes bite my eyes while I was sleeping. By the way, I gotta go first. I needed to go somewhere before heading to our classroom. Bye." You said and quickly entered the school.

Mark goes near Rosé and holds her hand again.

"Let's go?" Mark said. Rosé hummed in response and gave Mark a forced smile. She can sense that something happened to you last night. She knows it when you are lying.

Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa were already in the classroom. They were so shocked when they saw Mark and Rosé holding each other's hand. Their classmates teased them upon entering the classroom.
Mark just shook his head while smiling and Rosé hides her face using her free hand. The girls looked at each other.

"Y/N!" They scream-whisper. 

They were about to go and find you but you just entered the classroom before the girls could get off from their seats and look for you. As you entered the room, you just looked down so that you can avoid seeing Rosé and Mark. You just went to your seat quietly and put your earphones on. You always do this when you just want to avoid conversations. You told Jisoo to wake you up when the professor arrived the room. When Mark excused himself to Rosé that he was just going to the restroom. Rosé turned to the girls and asked if they know what happened to you. They just shrugged at her even though they kind of know what happened. Rosé decided to approach you. She taps your shoulder lightly. You looks at your wristwatch to check the time still not lifting your heads up. It was not yet time for class and there is still 15 minutes before the professor to come to the classroom.

"Yah. Kim Jisoo. I know the professor is not here yet. Please let me sleep for a while." You said. Rosé shakes her head and laughs at you before tapping your shoulder again.

"Ugh. Okay, what is it?" You lifted your head up and saw Rosé in front of you. You stared at each other for a few seconds before you averted your gaze.

"Oh. Sorry. I thought it was Jisoo." You told Rosé before facing Jisoo to apologize. Rosé sits right next to the empty seat next to you.

"Now, Y/N. Spill it out. What happened last night?" She asked.

"Huh? Is it about what happened to my eyes? It's nothing! I told you. The mosquitoes bite my eyes. You know how lovely my eyes is that even mosquitoes cannot resist it." You said. She smacked your arm making you laugh. You rubbed the part that Rosé hit you.

"Hey. That hurts!"

"Seriously, Y/N. What happened? Why do you look like your feeling down?" You stopped laughing when you realized that she is serious. Looking at you worriedly.

"I'm really okay, Chae. You don't need to worry about me." You said hoping that she would believe you. You smiled at her to assure her. She nodded.

"Okay then. But Y/N, if you have a problem or something bothers you. Please tell me, okay? I will still be your best friend and nothing will change between us." She said giving you a smile and takes your hand to give it a squeeze.

"Yeah, nothing." You accidentally said it out loud.

"What was it again, Y/N?" Rosé asked.

"I mean, of course! Nothing and no one can change it." You said while you laughed nervously. Mark went back to the classroom and spotted you and Rosé talking to each other. He didn't want to get jealous because you and Rosé are best friends. You are also his best friend but there is something in you that makes him feel jealous. He went to Rosé side and asked what you and Rosé are talking about.

"It's nothing. She just asked me something." You said.

"Okay. Come on, babe. Let's go back to our seats." Mark said extending his hand to Rosé. Rosé cheeks flushed by his words and took Mark's hand. She looks at you and you smiled at her before she goes back to her seat. A few minutes later, you professor enters the room and starts the lecture immediately. You tried so hard to focus in your class even if it's so hard to do it.