CHAPTER 8

ROSÉ's POV

"Chaeyoung-ah! Someone is here for you!"

"Who is it?" I replied back to my mom.

"You go here downstairs and see for yourself!" She said.

"Hmm. Who could it be? Is it Y/N?" I thought to myself. I quickly get up from my bed and went downstairs. It's already evening and I didn't expect anyone to be visiting me.

As I opened our front door, it was not the person that I expected.

"Mark?"

"Hey, Rosé." He said upon turning around to face me.

"Here, uhm, flowers for you." He handed the flowers to me.

"Uh, thank you. You didn't have to do this." I said.

"I know but I just want to say sorry for what I did yesterday. I'm really sorry."

"I should apologize to you too. I did something that I shouldn't do. I'm sorry." I just looked at the flowers while saying that. I couldn't face him. I feel guilty for what I did too.

"Rosé?" He called me and I just hummed in response.

"I heard what you said yesterday. To be honest, I'm really hurt by it. But if you would let me, please give me a chance to prove my love for you and that we could make our relationship work. Please give me chance, just this once. Please?" He said while holding my hand. I look at him this time. His eyes tells me that he is sincere with his words. As a tear left in his eye, I reached for his face to wipe his tears away, he leaned his face and holds my hand that is touching his face.

"Please. Rosé. Please..."

I love Mark. He is one of the best guy that I know who treats me well the way Y/N does. He really shows how much he cares for me which is one of the reasons why I love him. This decision that I am about to make is harder than I thought. I love Mark and Y/N and I don't want to hurt them both. But I have to do this. I want to give him another chance.

"Okay." I said to Mark.

"Thank you!" He said as he pulls me into a hug.

As I hug Mark, I didn't expect to see them. Standing before us. Before I could pull away from Mark's embrace and call them. They already turned away and started to run away from where Mark and I was.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I'm really sorry." I said to myself and started to tear up.

Y/N's POV

Finals just ended and I think I just did well. For the past few weeks since the night I saw them, I just decided to give up on her and just want to focus on myself again. I kept myself busy with studies and our practice for my basketball team. The girls also knew about it and I just told them that we should let them be and respect the decision Rosé made. They avoided that topic and helped me on my moving on phase. I'm really grateful that I still have them.

My team won this last basketball tournament. I celebrated it with my team and after that, I celebrated it with the girls, including Mark and Rosé. I can't really say that I'm used to seeing them and that I have fully moved on because a part of me is still hurt from it. But what else can I do but to act like I'm fine with it.

I've got a lot of emails from other universities offering me to play on their team. But before I make a decision, I wanted to tell the girls about it excluding Rosé. I don't want her to know and think that I'm transferring to another school because of her. Well, some part of it is true that I want to accept the other universities offer to forget about this pain that I am feeling in side but I also want to fully focus on my studies too. And not seeing them would be better right?

I called the girls so we can eat and talk about it.

"Hey. So, uhm, I wanted to tell you guys something."

"What is it?" The girls said in unison. I chuckled a bit because of it. I drink my water first before speaking, nervous to tell these girls about it.

"I've got offers from different universities, they asks me to study there and play for their team."

"So what's your decision?" Jennie asked. Jisoo and Lisa just stared at me waiting for my answer.

"Well, I'm thinking of accepting their offer." I said.

"I see." Jennie responded.

"Well, we won't stop you, Y/N." Jisoo said.

"Yeah. If that's your decision, we won't stop you. We'll support you!" Lisa said cheerfully.

"Thanks guys. Although I'm gonna miss hanging out with you all day and giving you rides home."

"We'll miss you too." They all said.

"But promise us that you'll still hang out with us!" Lisa said.

"Yeah! If you don't we'll hunt you!" Jisoo said pointing at me.

"Of course. I will!"

"Call us when things are getting hard on you, okay?"

"Sure, Jen." I smiled at her and gave her a quick hug. As I hug Jennie, the two girls also hugged me.

"Okay, now. Let's stop hugging. Let's go back to eating now." I said as I wiped my tear away. I seriously don't know what I am gonna do without these girls.