CHAPTER 17

No one's POV

The car ride was filled with silence between Rosé and Mark. It's been like this ever since they saw Y/N again. He knew why Rosé is been acting like this but he just let it be because he somehow knows why.

"We're here." Mark stated when they reach the park where Rosé and him usually hangs out. A place where they usually talk about stuffs in life. A place where he asked Rosé to be his girl and maybe a place where he wants to end it all.

For the past year, he knew to himself the Rosé never really loved him. She may have love him but not as much as she loves Y/N. No one can beat her love for Y/N. Even though he knew, he still treated Rosé the way she deserves to be treated. It hurts him but he will never regret that he tried his best for Rosé to love him like how she love Y/N.

Mark gets out of the car to open the car door for Rosé. Rosé thanked him as he closes the door before they start to walk to the park. Mark looks into Rosé's hand as she's looking into the view of the park. He holds her hand that made Rosé look into him. Mark gives her a weak smile in which Rosé returned it. They walk silently as they through the food stalls that where placed in the park.

"Do you want something to eat? Corndogs? Tteokbokki? Is there anything you would like to eat?" He asked her.

"Hmmm. Let's get corndogs!" Rosé said in excitement while smiling at him. Seeing her smile again like this makes him happy.

"Okay. Corndogs. Wait for me there at the bench. I'll get us corndogs, okay?"

"Okay." Rosé said then let's go of his hand as she walk to the bench.

As he buys the corndogs and wait for it to get done. He's just looking at Rosé who is busy look at the scenery. He gets teary eyed as he's looking at her. Starting to remember this last few hours with her where Rosé is still his. The lady who sells the corndogs look at where Mark is looking.

"You've got a pretty girlfriend." The lady said.

"Huh? Ohh! Yes." He chuckled then wipes his tears. "She really is pretty." Mark said to the lady.

"Here are your corndogs."

"Thank you." He says as he pays for it before walking to where Rosé is.

"Here you go my lady." Mark says that makes Rosé giggle.

"Thank you." Rosé said.

"How was your day, by the way?" Mark asked.

"Good, I guess. It was nice hanging out with Yeji. I've got to know her more. She's really a nice person. No wonder Y/N fell for her." She chuckled. But Mark knows that she's hurting inside while she said that.

"Hmmm. That's good to know." He just said it.

"How about you? How was your day?" Rosé asked as she look at him.

"Well, you know, it's tiring since we have to practice more for the final game. It's the last game so coach wants us to give all our best into the game." He said while Rosé is nodding.

"Also been thinking a lot lately so yeah."

"What are you thinking about lately? Maybe I can help you get through it?" Rosé said.

"Nothing. Let's finish eating our corndogs first. I'll tell you later, hmm?" Mark said in which Rosé nod in reply.

After they finished eating, they started to walk again. Mark decided to go to where he asked Rosé to be his girlfriend.

"Rosé? Do you remember this place?" He asked.

"Of course, I do! It's where you asked me to be your girlfriend and where I said yes to you." Rosé said to Mark while facing him. Mark holds Rosé's hands before speaking again.

"Yep. Haha. You're right, it's where I asked. You know what, I'm really thankful for that day that you agreed to be my girlfriend. I was really happy that day. I never knew I would have you. I made me be the happiest man on earth and the luckiest one to ever call you mine." Mark said as tears run down his face on which Rosé wipes it away.

"Well, you made me the happiest girl on earth too Mark. I never knew someone would love me until I met you. You treated me like a princess and I'm so sorry if there's a time where I'm not able to treat you just like how much you treat me." Rosé said.

"It's okay, Rosé. There's no such thing as perfect relationship anyways. But Rosé..." Mark paused for a bit before continuing, looking straight into Rosé's eyes.

"I know where you heart is." He stated. Rosé was shock by the words he said. She really didn't want Mark to know about it but she guess that maybe she shows it too obviously that Mark noticed it.

"I'm really sorry, Mark. Believe me that I tried to get them out of my mind and heart but I really can't." She started to cry in which Mark pulls her into a hug.

"Shhh. It's okay, Rosé. I'm not mad really. I know it from the start that you love my bestfriend more than you love me. I can't blame you for that. But I just want you to be true to yourself, Rosé. Don't be afraid with your feelings. Don't hide it so it won't hurt you." He said as he pulls away from their hug.

" Look, Rosé. Thank you for loving me even for the slightest. Thank you for the time you have spent with me. I just want you to know that I have never regretted loving you, Rosé. But I hope this time you won't hide your feelings and just be true to yourself. I'm sorry that I'm not going to fight for this relationship anymore. So I'm here to say that I'm breaking up with you. I'm letting you go now. I want you to be happy, okay? I know you will be happy with someone else so I'm setting you free now." He said as he pulled Rosé for a hug again.

"I'm really really sorry, Mark." She said as she continued to cry.

"Shhh. It's really fine. Hmmm?" He said as he kissed her forehead and look into her eyes then to her lips.

"May I? For the last time?" He asked and Rosé nodded.

Mark cups Rosé's face as he leaned in to kiss her for the last time. The kiss was passionate and emotional. When air became a problem, Mark pulled away and rested his forehead to Rosé's.

"Take care, okay? Be happy. And for the last time, I love you." Mark said before he walks away while crying. Rosé just stood there crying before she decided to call her Jisoo.

"Oh? Chaeyoung-ah. Why did you call? Huh? Wait, are you crying?!" Jisoo said through the phone.

"Can you come here at the park?" She asked Jisoo still sobbing.

"Okay. Stay there, okay? I'll come with the girls."

Rosé just waited there at the park for the girls. After a few minutes, the three girls arrived, running towards where Rosé is.

"Yah! Chaeyoung-ah! What happened?" Jennie asked Rosé with concern look as she hug her.

"Mark... He broke up with me." She told them.

"What?! I swear that bastard! Is he cheating on you?!" Lisa said in anger.

"No... It's not like that Lisa. He broke up with me because he knows that I still like Y/N and that he wants to set me free." She stated.

"Ohh, sorry about that." Lisa said.

The three girls looked at each other with sadness in their faces. They may not be close to Mark the way they are with Y/N but they feel sorry for him and also sad because of Rosé. Rosé told them the whole story amd the girls comforted her. After some time, Rosé stopped crying.

"Do you want to go home now, Chaeyoung-ah?" Jisoo asked her.

"I don't know, Jisoo. I don't feel like going home yet." Rosé said.

"Hmmm. Then let's go and drink!" Lisa suggested.

"Yah! Lalisa!" Jennie scolded and slapped Lisa's arm.

"It's okay, Jennie. Let's go for a drink." Rosé said.

"See! Let's go!" Lisa said as they started to walk and go to the bar nearby the park. Rosé just wanted to forget about the pain even just for a while.