B | I'm Here

Fluff

You were sitting in the library, reading a book.

It was about how to knit since you knew winter was coming and didn't want your girlfriend to suffer from the cold.

You were almost halfway through by now and had already practiced a little bit- and you did quite well.

You were even able to knit half a scarf already, though you still needed to finish it. But you hadn't read enough yet to know how to.

So that's why you took your sweet time on teaching yourself by book.

With your mind focused on understanding the book, you hadn't noticed your girlfriend who stood in front of you.

Only when you heard a sob did you look up.

There stood Bela- with tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes as she stared you dead in the eye.

You immediately threw the book away and took her into your arms as she sat beside you.

You didn't know what happened but didn't want to ask her yet as she began to cry in the nape of your neck- her hands clasping onto your shirt as her tears hit your skin.

Your arms came around her and pulled her in closer as you felt yourself tearing up at the noises she was making.

Bela rarely cried, so to see and hear her cry like this broke your heart to pieces.

Her cries were broken and her tears were constant- it seemed like there was no end.

But eventually it died down, luckily.

"Baby?" You murmured under your breath when she held onto you.

She nodded her head at you calling her.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

It was quiet for quite a while, occasionally you heard Bela sob and sniffle but no more.

"Mother has scolded me again.." Is what she said.

She sat up and looked at you, "It's the third time this week and it's only Tuesday!"

Your hands came up and wiped away the tears that were threatening to fall.

"You know she didn't mean to hurt your feelings." You say and cup her face.

Bela barely got any scolding from her mother and didn't like it one bit when she got them. So, for her to get her third one this week already made her break.

A sigh left her mouth as she leaned into your touch.

"I know, but it still hurts!"

You let go of her face and grabbed onto her hands when she began to fidget with her fingers.

"How about you have a talk with her the next time you see her? She might just understand you and try to dial it down a little bit." You suggested to her with a tilt of your head.

Slowly but surely, she nodded and leaned into the couch you both sat on.

"I love you, alright?" You kissed her lips, "Please don't stress, I don't want you to be so upset and worried about such stuff."

Bela pulled you back in and pecked your lips back after you finished talking, "I love you way more."

A slight blush came onto your cheeks before you smiled at her.

"Now, how about you stay here and I get us some ice cream to enjoy?"

Bela grinned and nodded her head, cheering up already.

But you knew that when you came back, she'd be passed out.