B | No Game

Between fluff and smut

12 AM.

The hour where your night shift started; from 12 AM to 3 AM. 

You had to admit that it was struggle to stay awake for three full hours long, especially after you had worked so hard just hours before it.

Nevertheless, you had nothing to say about it. You were just so unfortunate enough to be one of those maidens, who had to dwell the hallways in the middle of the night.

But it wasn't as hard of a labor as when you had to scrub the floors or wash the dishes.

In fact, you had some time alone now.

No maidens who were running around the place and asking for your guidance, no Lady Dimitrescu ordering you around and especially no sisters hanging on your lips.

Well, once in a while did you stumble across one of the three. But it was nowhere the same as to when you walked into them during the day. Because they wouldn't leave you alone.

The three were actually quite distant during the hours of the moon- and tired, if you could say so.

You couldn't count the amount of times that you've had Daniela bump into you with lidded eyes.

She really lived up to the title of the youngest sister.

Your steps sounded through the room as you walked up the stairs to the second floor.

You usually stayed up here for a few minutes because you'd have a wide view of the first floor, excluding all the hallways and siderooms.

Checking both sides, West and East, you stood still at the stairs, looking down at the lit fireplace that was accompanied by a pair of empty chairs. 

The orange glow that came from the fire reflected on the tiles, giving it a pleasing golden hue.

But you quickly were embraced by a darkness and dragged away from where you stood, seeing the light only when you were in a familiar room.

It was Bela's.

 "Dear." You sighed with a reluctant smile, knowing you should be out there instead of inside her bedroom.

But when you turned around, you saw her empty bed and a few lit candles on her nightstand and desk.

With no further thought, you walked further and looked around from left to right.

There wasn't any sign of your love.

It probably was some sort of prank made up by Cassandra.

A little disappointed, you turned around but were immediately held close against a warm figure.

The smell of magnolias entered your nose and you right away knew who it was, not even bothering to pull her closer to you because her grip on you was as tight as it could be.

"Aren't you tired?" She asked you once you looked up to meet her golden eyes staring right through yours, reminding you of the fireplace you were staring at seconds ago. She was up to something, you could taste it in the air.

From how the candles were recently lit and how the bed was made- it usually wasn't this organized.

"Are you playing a game with me?" You laughed and pushed away from the blonde, about to walk past her. 

Bela rolled her eyes at you and quickly swarmed back infront of you. "This is no game, babygirl." She mumbled before capturing your lips with hers.

You had to be honest.. you had a huge urge to just let go of your night shift and stay here with Bela, doing whatever that she had planned for the both of you. But you couldn't.

If Lady Dimitrescu were to find out, you'd be in big trouble.

However, the seductive words that Bela spoke almost made you sit down on her bed and fall for her spell.

Only when you felt a small breeze from the cracked open window, did you snap out of it and shake your head. 

"I can't." You stated and she looked at you with hurt eyes.

Finally, the vampire let go of you and you got out of her room. The door closed behind you as soon as you stood outside.

You tidied up your clothing, and something fell out of your outfit. It was a small note.

With confusion did you grab the note and open it up to see that there was something written on it.

'Good job, my love. Somehow you managed to escape from this trap, but next time.. there will be no way out once the door and windows are locked and your hands are tied above your head. 

XO,

Bela.'

A shiver ran down your spine when you turned your head to look at the door that went to her room, not knowing what to do.

You were frozen in place until you heard footsteps.

And behold, the Lady of the Castle stood before you.

"Shouldn't you be walking shifts?" She hovered over you with crossed arms, making you feel as significant as a grain of sand. 

"I-I was, I just thought I had heard something here so I came to check it out." You spurted out and bowed to her, "I apologize." 

It was too obvious to Alcina that you were flustered to some extent.

You felt yourself heat up and begin to blush.

"Go." The mother said and you bowed once more, rushing off to go to the lower floor.

You couldn't believe what had just happened.

You nearly escaped from being exposed for being with her eldest daughter in her bedroom, barely getting heated in there. You wondered what would've happened if you didn't get out of Bela's grasp.

But that didn't matter now, because the next time that she catches you, you wouldn't be getting away so easily.