B | Just This Once

Fluff

Finally, it's winter. The time where the leaves on the trees have completely vanished, the sky is gray, the ground white and the air as cold as ice.

Your favorite time of year.

Time where children are making snow angels, singing jolly songs and building snowmen from the ground up.

The fireplace had been lit on to prevent the cold in the castle, and little to say, it barely felt like winter inside.

But once you took a glance through the windows, your thoughts quickly changed.

Everything was covered in a white layer, the sun reflecting on it as if it were a mirror.

You could only imagine to be outside there, doing all you could with the winter spirit.

However, you weren't allowed to go outside in the fear of you running away. The closest you got to the snow was when you had to walk through the gardens to get to the other side of the castle.

Every night you found yourself staring at what was outside in desire, ignoring your cleaning shift.

Your eyes followed the snowflakes that fell from the sky as you leaned on the window.

"Y/N?" A voice called from behind you out of confusion, wondering why you weren't working.

Knowing you were caught, you didn't bother to turn and look who called you.

"Turn around." She commanded without giving you any time to react, already having you turned around by herself within a second.

It was Bela.

"What's up?" You sighed nonchalantly when you fiddled with your thumbs, not able to stand comfortably on your feet now that she was infront of you.

Her eyes scanned you from head to toe, not understanding your behavior.

"What's wrong?" Bela's hand lifted up your face so you both could make eye contact. It was too obvious that she could see right through you.

She sometimes compared you to a mirror, saying how she could recognize herself so much in you. And maybe that's what made you bond with her so much easier, because you understood each other a little better.

Yet you stayed quiet, knowing that if you told her what you wanted, she'd probably give it to you. But you had to work, you just had to or else it'd most likely be trouble.

It only took a few seconds of Bela scanning your body to quickly realise what you had wanted all along.

"Do you want to go outside?" She murmered softly as she tilted her head, seeing how you shuffled around and nodded.

"But I shouldn't, because I'm not allowed." The words made her sigh and shake her head.

The blonde took your hand and pulled you along with her to the front of the castle. "Aslong as I'm with you, you'll be just fine."

"But-"

"Don't try to get away from it now, you know you want it." She sternly told you and opened the front doors of the castle just to be met with the freezing air of the winter.

Without warning, she took you outside, not taking it into consideration that she was vulnerable in this kind of weather.

"Bela, it's too cold for you." You panicked and tried to push her back inside to no avail.

"So? There's no danger here from what I see," She bent down and made a ball of snow, "Unless you want to attack me?"

"No, no, not at all." You chuckled lightly and looked down shyly, a snowball quickly hitting your head.

A gasp left your lips as you looked up at her, a smirk plastered on her face.

"Oh my God, you're gonna get that back!" You laughed and saw her running off quickly as you gathered snow.

This might just be a long night, but at least it'll be a fun one.