5

Jimin pov

◆◆◆

"I spoke to Mrs Jeon this morning,"

my mom says as she wipes the corner of her mouth with the pristinely white napkin that was resting on her lap throughout our meal.

My mother is so prim and proper that she would probably give the Queen of England a run for her money.

I do question how I was born into such a pompous and sophisticated household, and to two people who masquerade as my parents.

who without a doubt care more about money and status than doing any good deed.

Don't get me wrong, my parents donate to every charity under the sun, but they do that for their image and not because it's helping someone or an organisation.

I do wonder how they are such good friends with Jungkook's parents when they are complete opposites.

But, I'm not going to complain becos if our parents never met and became friends, Jungkook and I might not have become thick as thieves and best friends.

And that shit does not sit well with me I could never imagine my life without Jungkook.

I fork a piece of potato into my mouth.

"And what did you and Jungkook's mom speak about?"

I muffle out around the potato I'm chewing, and my mother just glares at me as if I've threatened the life of her first born.

News flash, I'm her first born.

"Don't talk with your mouth full," my mother scolds.

"You are not a Neanderthal, Jimin."

I swallow down the potato and take a quick sip of water."Apologies mother."

I say like the good little eighteen-year-old boy man that I am. "Now, tell me, how did your meeting go with Kook's Mom?"

"Oh, it went wonderful," she says as she pushes her empty plate away from her as she clicks her fingers for one of her servants to come and remove her finished plate from the table.

"She was very ecstatic that you and Jungkookie finally decided to take the next step in your relationship. She said it was a long time coming."

I cock my head to one side, "Really?"

I question and my mother just nods her head as she smiles delightfully.

I turn to look at my dad who's sitting there with his hands cupped together as he watches the ping-pong match between my mother and I.

wisely deciding to keep himself out of this conversation.

"She said she's always known that you and Jungkook would take the next step and change things up in your relationship and come to think of it, I agree with her. Anyway,"

she says as she flaps her manicured hand in the air, " his parents are on board with the party and have allowed us access to their contacts so we can make sure all of the right people are in attendance at the party on Friday."

All the right people.

Business associates, oil typhoons, diplomats and basically anyone with money and status.

I sigh as I lean back into my chair, "I don't care who you invite as long as I can extend the invitation to our friends at school."

I need something good to come out of this fucking party and that means getting hammered with Jungkook and our friends from school.