30

Jungkook pov

I really fucking hate wearing suits.

I absolutely resent them.

Resent with a big, fat, capital R.

This is exactly the reason why I only own two unfortunately now three courtesy of Mrs Park of the stupid things.

You really only need two of them to get by.

Especially as a seventeen-year-old soon to be eighteen-year-old.

A black one to wear to funerals and then another fancy one that you can wear for other shindigs like weddings and dances.

The fact that I now have a third suit to my name pisses me right off.

If it wasn't for Jimin and me being the best fake boyfriend and the greatest real best friend, I wouldn't be wearing the thing.

The things you do for the people you love hey.

And luckily for one Mr.Park Jimin, I would do a lot for him because I'm a pathetic lovesick puppy and will do anything and everything to make sure he's happy.

Despite my achingly fragile heart.

I'm just glad my parents aren't snobby and expect me to dress and act a certain way because we have a small fortune behind our name.

That would be a tragedy if I was forced to act and dress like a snob.

Not saying that Jimin acts and dresses that way either, but he does appease his parents a bit too much for my liking and he knows how I feel about that.

"I still can't believe your mother has insisted we wear suits,"

I grumble to Jimin as I absently scan through the pages of the Physics textbook in front of me.

"Like seriously, what the hell was she thinking?"

I run my hand across the equation I'm supposed to be learning to help make up my grade for my last failed exam but studying is the smallest thing on my mind right now.

I have other important things to think about right now.

Things that trump studying for a Physics exam that I'm going to flunk anyway.

Jimin stops writing the equation down on the notebook in front of him and drops his pencil.

"I can't believe that you can't believe she would insist on such a thing," he says as he cocks his head at me.

"You know what my mother is like, when there's an event black tie is mandatory."

Don't I fucking know it.

There's been too many occasions throughout our childhood that has involved Jimin and I prancing around wearing stupid suits and bow ties so Jimin's parents can wow and show off their wealth and superiority to the mere mortals of the world.

I'm lucky my mother is so much more laid back and won't insist on telling me what I can and cannot wear to certain events.

If I had my way, I would turn up in ripped skinny jeans to every event, but that shit won't fly with Mrs. Park.

Luckily, Jimin grew a backbone for his eighteen birthday and gave his mother a stern talking to when she said that everyone should wear suits and he should make it a formal affair.

I didn't even have to voice my opinions on the matter before he put his foot down and avoided that shit happening by telling his mom that he would consider going into the family business.