26

Jungkook pov

I hate dating.

There I said it.

I, Jeon Jungkook hates every thing that comes with dating.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love planning them as I'm a total control freak and like to be in charge of everything.

But being on the receiving end of a date where I know jack shit about the details does not sit well with me.

Where the fuck is he taking me?

What am I supposed to wear?

How do I style my hair?

How much cologne do I need to put on?

So many questions and no fucking answers. Answers Jimin refuses to give me.

I hate dating and I hate Jimin for even suggesting we go on a date.

Really, what's the point of calling it a date when we are just going to do something we usually do with the added exception of a little bit of hand holding here, and maybe a little peck on the lips there.

I've spent my whole teenage life dreaming about the day that him and I actually go out on a proper date.

It's pathetic how many times I've pictured our movie escapades and restaurant trips to be real dates.

I read a lot so I have quite a vivid and wild imagination, and wild is definitely the right word I would use to describe my fantasy dates with Jimin.

But I'm not naïve enough to know that dates with him will always be just that, a fantasy.

"What the fuck am I supposed to wear?" I mutter to myself as I slide the shirts across the metal pole in my wardrobe.

"Stupid fucking, Jimin."

"Are you alright honey?"

A soft vice says, as I yelp and jump out of my skin, the echo from my scream probably audible two states over.

Did I mention that I can be quite the drama queen when duty calls for it?

"What the hell, Mom?" I say as I lean forward and hold my hand to my chest as I catch my breath

"You can't be sneaking up on an innocent like that, "I say and she just laughs and shakes her head.

"Well honey, you were standing there swearing, cursing Jimin to high heaven and muttering jibber jabber under your breath so I thought I'd see what's up."

I laugh as I walk over to my bed and fall onto it face down.

"Jimin has planned a date and he won't give me any details, so I don't know what I'm expected to wear." I say.

my voice coming out muffled from my face being buried into the duvet set on my bed.

I hear my mom walk over to the closet as she starts pushing the shirts across the metal clothes pole.

"You can never go wrong with a nice pair of jeans and a simple t-shirt."

A few seconds pass as she continues to search through my useless wardrobe.

"How about this?" she says and I push myself up from the bed and turn to face her.

"Ripped jeans, a simple white Levi shirt and your Dr. Martens or Converse," she says as she holds up the jeans and top with a smile on her face.

"I think this outfit says both fancy, but casual at the same time."

She holds up the clothes in front of her face and admires her choices, "I think a career change might be in my future."