27

Jungkook pov

"Your chariot awaits, good sir,"he says as he pulls the passenger door open.

I walk past him with a smile and hop down into the seat and he closes the door quickly behind me.

Jimin rounds the bonnet of the car and jumps in as I pull the seatbelt across my chest.

"Where's your car?" I ask Jimin as he puts the key into the ignition and pulls off from the curb.

"I needed a truck with access to the back, so my Uncle said I could borrow his." He says as he taps his fingers on the top of the steering wheel as he drives us to wherever our date is happening.

"So where are we going?" I question.

He smirks, "It's a surprise," he says as we pull up to a red light.

"Shit, is that my varsity jacket?" Jimin says as he turns his head and locks me up and down.

My cheeks heat up and I bite my bottom lip, "Yes." I pause.

"Is that a problem?" I've never been one to wear a varsity jacket.

I mean I've got my own back home, seeing as a letterman jacket is like a staple in any jock's wardrobe, but wearing his jacket makes me feel things, so many fucking things.

I hope it makes him feel things too.

Jimin shakes his head from side to side, "No way man, it looks good on you," he says with a big smile on his face.

"Really, really good." He laughs.

"It's funny, we go three years without you wearing one, and now you've worn a letterman jacket twice, in such a small space of time,"

he pushes his lips into a straight line and cocks his head to one side, "I wonder why that is."

Because it's yours and smells like you.

I shrug, "Beats me, sister."

He chuckles and shakes his head, "If you say so."

The rest of the journey is spent with me asking him five hundred different questions as I try to pry from him the secret location we are heading towards.

but Jimin is like a fucking vault.

He has a talent with keeping his mouth firmly sealed and that's exactly what he's doing right now.

I pull my phone from my pocket and start scrolling through social media, liking a few images of people attending a drive-thru cinema that seems to keep appearing on my newsfeed.

"We are here," Jimin says as he turns the car off and turns his body.

I look up from my phone and my eyes widen, "This is our date?" I question.

He smiles, "Yes."

My mouth opens and closes a few time, "You've brought me to a drive-in cinema?"

I question as I quickly unfasten my seatbelt and fling my body out of the car.

Jimin does the same and rounds the car, so he's stood next to me.

"The whole school is practically here and I remember you saying a few years ago that you've always wanted to experience one of these,"

he says as he holds his hands out to the side of him, "So viola, outdoor cinema date it is."

I turn to face him and smile, "So that's why you needed your uncle's truck instead of your car?"

He nods his head, "Yes, now come on."

He wraps his fingers around mine and pulls me to the back of the truck which is full of colourful blankets, comfy pillows, and little portable solar panelled lanterns that I didn't notice earlier on.

"Wow," I say as Jimin pulls me up into the back of the truck.

"This is amazing." I say with a big smile on my face, "You've definitely outdone yourself here."

I crawl across the comfy blankets and lean against the pillows that are resting against the front of the car and I slump down next to him as he pulls the comfortable, warm,and colourful blankets over us.

I look around and my breath is taken away as I take in my surroundings.

There's hundreds of different cars featuring a variety of models.

There's people sitting on bonnets on the rooves and in the back of trucks like Jimin and me.

The sky around us is now a blanket of darkness, settling over us as the twinkly stars light up the sky, looking like a million different fireflies scattered above us.

The crowd around us is buzzing with laughter, chatter, and excitement.

Workers walk around offering refreshments, blankets, and glow sticks to anyone who wants them, and I can't help the smile that takes over my face.

This is my kind of date and he remembered I've always wanted to come to one.

The large cinema screen in front of us stands high in the sky, with bright red, velvet draped curtains falling over it,leaving only a small gap with a note to remind us to turn our cell phones off.

A cinema workers walks past with snacks and Jimin calls him over,ordering us popcorn, drinks, hot dogs, nachos and a stupid amount of candy and he places the goods in front of us.

The sugary, savoury and salty goodness wafting up and settling comfortably inside my noise as I lap up the delightful mix of the aromas warming my body.

"So, what's the movie?"I ask him as he settles himself comfortably next to me with our mountain of food stacked in front of us.

He picks up a nacho and bites into it, the chip crunching loudly between his lips as a small amount of cheese dribbles down his chin.

I reach out and rub my thumb across the leaking nacho cheese and suck on my thumb, savouring the taste as Jimin looks at me with hooded eyes.

Fuck. Me.

What is it with Jimin and I dropping food and the other giving a helping hand or should I say thumb to clean up the mess.

Jimin smiles as he bites on his bottom lip, "They're showing the first Harry Potter film."

"Fuck yes," I cheer.

"This is going to be amazing," I say as I lean forward and pick up my hot dog and take a bite out of it.

"My favourite film, with some of my favourite snacks with my favourite person."

"Favourite person, huh?" He says with a small smirk as he bumps his shoulder softly into mine.

I roll my eyes and turn to face him and he turns to face me, our eyes locking on each other properly for the first time since he picked me up.

"You know full well you're my favourite person," I tell him as his eyes widen as he looks at me,his mouth dropping open, his teeth digging into his bottom lip.

Why is he looking at me like that?

Does he hate the eyeliner? Fuck, I knew he would.

I should have just kept things simple; I knew a straight jock like Jimin wouldn't be able to handle a guy wearing makeup.

I am such a fucking idiot.

________________________________________