Chapter 35

When Sky woke up the next morning she felt nauseous, "are you okay Sky?"

"Joonie," she croaked, "I think I'm going to be sick."

He picked her up quickly and rushed her to the bathroom, "sshh, it's okay. I've got you, don't worry." It took about 15 minutes before she was calmed down enough to speak. "Don't talk, here let's get you cleaned up and get some food in you."

Joon helped her get to the sink so she could brush her teeth and wash her face, then he picked her up again and carried her to the kitchen. Tae jumped up immediately and ran over to her while Jk made her some food. "Sky are you okay?"

"Fine, I'm not sure if it's a thing on your planet or if it's just Earth. But we have this thing called morning sickness and I'm apparently one of the lucky ones." Her fists went into the air in pathetic little pumps, "yay me."

"Here, eat this. It should help," Jk slid a plate right in front of her. "This is one of the things they feed pregnant breeders."

"Okay, thank you." She turned her head to look at Joon, "I'm good now, I can sit down on my own."

He held her a little tighter, "better safe than sorry. Stay, please."

She sighed like she was really put out, but all three of them could tell it was just for show. "Fine, if you insist."

"I do," he quipped back.

It made Tae happy, she was slowly but surely opening up to them more and more. They were extremely affectionate as mates, and they wanted to be as affectionate with her as they could. "When you are done eating and feel better, we'll head out."

"Feel better? What happened, are you okay Sky?"

Everyone turned to Hobi and he forgot for a moment that Sky was mad at him, he was only focused on making sure that she was okay. "I'm fine, morning sickness."

He looked at the others and Tae made a gagging face, "ah, okay. Do you feel better now?"

"A little, the food is helping. I still feel queasy and I guess weak is the only word I can think of to describe it."

"I'll be right back," he said before he rushed out of the kitchen to head back to his room. He grabbed the shirt he wore yesterday, it would have the strongest amount of his scent on it. His baby would like that, since he couldn't be close to her today this should help. It made no sense, breeders didn't need this, or if they did no one told them about it. But there was something inside him that was screaming at him that this would work. It would help her.

He was nervous, would she reject it? Should he even ask or just put it on her? Fuck he has no idea what to do and he's so afraid of pissing her off again. By the time he got back she was walking out of the kitchen with Tae and Jk, "oh hey, we're heading down to Earth."

It's now or never Hobi, he held his shirt out for her. "This is going to sound so dumb, but wear this. It will help with the nausea."

Her eyebrow raised, "wearing a dirty shirt will make me less nauseous?"

"It is covered in my scent, the young will like being close to me, my smell. I promise it will help. I know it sounds crazy, but trust me, please."

"Okay," she sighed. "I mean you guys are aliens so who knows what kind of weird shit you get up to." She turned to look at Jk and Tae, "let me go change, and then we can head out. I'll be back in a few."

Once she was gone Tae crossed his arms over his chest and looked at Hobi for an explanation, "what was that?"

"I honestly don't have an answer for you."

Jk was confused, "we don't do that for breeders, so why are you doing it for her?"

"Something is telling me, no screaming at me that this is what she needs. I, have no other explanation other than that."

That seemed to satisfy Jk, he's never been one to asks too many questions. Even more when it's hard ones. But Tae is a whole other story, thankfully this time he didn't. He just sighed and rubbed his forehead a bit. "We'll let you know if it works and if it does, it looks like she's going to be wearing your laundry for a bit."

When they made it down to Earth the first thing she asked was how much money they had, when they said a couple million Earth dollars she just about peed her pants. "Why do you have that much money?"

Jk shrugged, "your planet really likes junk, we just happen to have a lot of it."

"What's valuable on your planet?"

"Jade and aluminum are our most valuable equivalent to gold and diamonds."

She could help but laugh, "follow me," they dutifully followed her into a store where she walked straight to the freezers and grabbed a can of root beer. Then she bought it for the $1, cracked it open and chugged it. "Here, I present to you, aluminum."

Both of their jaws dropped, "you use it to store your beverages?"

"Yup, and if the person is good they recycle it. There is some aluminum that's been in circulation since the 1800's. But if you aren't a good person, then it gets thrown in the trash."

"You throw it away?" Tae asked like he just found out she murdered his mother.

"You throw gold away! Here we use it and diamonds for jewelry. But more importantly, gold is used to determine how much a dollar is actually worth."

Jk scoffed, "humans make no sense."

"Whaliens make none either! Now do we want to look for a house or no?"

He waved in front of him, "lead the way miss bossy."

It took hours to go over everything we were looking for in a house and for the realtor to show us listings. They were more than accommodating since they discovered that we are making an all cash offer.