Chapter 5: Self-Doubt

A few months passed after my big win at Takeover, I didn't get a title shot at Takeover XXV, Kairi got a rematch and Bianca beat her again but I'm not gonna be denied a title shot at the next Takeover. I've been getting some big wins lately, even got a win over Mia Yim and another one over Dakota Kai. We were 6 weeks away from Takeover: Toronto and Bianca still didn't have a challenger but all that was about to change. It was announced that I'll be taken on Io Shirai in a number one contenders match to see who would face Bianca at Takeover: Toronto. It was scheduled for the main event and I spent all night getting ready for this one. I cannot let another chance at winning this title just slip through my hands.

Closing moments

Io hit me with her running knees to the corner and I rolled right into her drop zone. She went up to go for her moonsault off the top rope but I got my knees up just in time. We both made to our feet and I ran at her and ducked a clothesline and hit a springboard sling blade. I went up top for a 450 but before I even got fully set up freaking Rhea Ripley came from nowhere and pushed me off the turnbuckle and I fell right into the barricade. She threw Io shoulder first into the ring post and hit her with a Riptide. I made it back up to the apron and went for a springboard dropkick but she just hit me with a big boot and hit me with a Riptide and that's how the show ended. Next week came and I was beyond pissed off because I had that match right in my hands and Rhea decided to just insert herself for no reason. I just need to know if I'm facing Bianca in Toronto then I'll give Rhea the proper beatdown she has coming. As soon as the show started I came right to the ring and grabbed a mic.

"Okay cut the music, cut any chants, I'm dead serious right now. Usually I'm all smiles and I love talking with the NXT faithful but as I'm sure you all know last week, I was in a match with Io for a chance to go to Toronto and face Bianca for that title. Let's see, how did that end again? Oh yeah, Rhea Ripley sticking her nose in things that don't involve her and now there is no contender. So I need some answers, am I going to Toronto, is it Io? Is it a triple threat? Someone let me know." Just as I finished that statement Rhea brought her ass out the back with something to say.

"Okay for one, I should have been in that number one contender's match, I've been the most dominant woman on this roster. Two, I already beat you but somehow you get another chance to go for that championship."

"You already had a chance, remember that fatal four way that you didn't win. Yeah that was your chance so don't ruin mines because you couldn't get it done."

"That's funny coming from you, you were suppose to be in that match right? That's right you lost it because you can't come through in big matches."

"How about I beat you right here right now? Well that be enough to prove I can win big matches?"

I could feel us about to come to blows but before anything could happen Io came out of nowhere and started beating both of us with a kendo stick. All of this happened and nothing got resolved and I just got more pissed. Later in the night I saw Rhea in the parking lot getting interviewed and I just found the closest car, jumped on it and jumped off to hit her with a drop kick. We started brawling all over the lot and Io found herself back in the mix. We found ourselves back inside the arena and my night got ended by getting kicked off some structure and went through the announcer's table. I'm not sure what happened with Io and Rhea but I managed to limp my way to the back. By the end of the night, I was beat with a kendo stick, slammed into the hood of a car, and kicked off a 10 foot structure through a table. All that and still had no answer on if I was going to face Bianca for her title. Well imagine my surprise when I heard the announcement that myself,Io, and Rhea would be in a triple threat match for the number one contender spot. The fact Rhea is even in this match after ruining the original match is ridiculous but she's just another obstacle I'll gladly go right through. The match was slated next week's main event and I was ready. The match started and I wanted to get a fast start so I hit Rhea with a super kick, ducked a clothesline from Io and hit her with a pele kick. I tried a quick pin on Io but she kicked out at two. I went and hit Rhea with a springboard cutter and she kicked out at 1. Everything changed when I got too focused on Rhea and Io hit me with a reverse DDT followed by a double foot stomp right to my stomach. She was in control of the match and I found myself trying to recover on the outside. I was slowly making my way to my feet hoping neither one of them got the win. I got back to my feet and saw Rhea with Io in a submission. I broke it up but Rhea just overpowered me and slammed me into a prone Io. After 4 minutes of Rhea being in control, myself and Io teamed up briefly. Io smacked her with a spinning back fist and I hit her with a jumping knee. She was a little off balance so we hit her with a double clothesline over the top rope. She landed on her feet so I took to the skies and did a springboard metorea. I was about to get back in the ring but Io came flying at me with a suicide dive that drove me back into the barricade. She threw me back in the ring and set me up in the corner and hit me with her double knees. She quickly went up to the top rope and hit me with her moonsault for the 3 count. I don't know what felt worse, my ribs after taking that moonsault or hearing the announcer say Io was the winner and the new number one contender. I sat up against the bottom turnbuckle and looked as Io and Bianca came face to face at the top of the ramp. Mentally I was checked out, maybe Rhea is right and I can't win big matches. First I lost to Chelsea Green for my spot in that fatal four way. Now I just lost this triple threat match and I know my chances of going for that title is running out. The next few weeks leading up to Takeover Toronto I was determined to get back on the winning side of things. I still didn't have a match for that Takeover and it was right around the corner, I was barely being used, I decided to take some matters into my own hands. Rhea just finished winning a match and she's been going on about how she feels she got "cheated " and should be the one facing Bianca. My name been her mouth ever since the triple threat because I was the one that got pinned, I had enough it and caught her backstage.