Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Getting only three more hours of sleep after getting back to my hotel room after my encounter with Jack, I sluggishly crawled out of bed after Georgia jostled me awake.

She was all peppy and I didn't understand it was 6 in the morning. I watched as she flitted around our hotel room getting ready to go down to breakfast. The night before I had planned to just go down in Pjs but now I'm beginning to decide against it.

For one I had drool stains dotting the top of my tang-top and two my shorts were barely long enough to cover my butt. While I might've been fine with walking to the vending machine in them last night, I didn't want to walk around the hotel lobby in them this morning. So I slowly followed Georgia's lead and slid on a pair of jeans and a black v-neck.

My hair was still damp from my shower last night giving me a reason to loosely tie it up in a braid. Tying the end of the braid I looked over to Georgia who was waiting at the door for me.

"By all means take your time." She says winking. I laugh because I was in no rush to go down and see the hockey players.

"Oh shush, I'm coming."

*****

The dining area was filled with zombie looking hockey players, most were adorned in sweat, shorts and t-shirts. I bit my lip when I saw Jack. Even with messy hair and bags under his eyes he still manages to look like a model. I resisted the urge to drool.

"Come with me to get a bagel." Georgia stated dragging me towards the bagels giving me no time to say hi to Jack. I watched as she piled two bagels onto her plate while I put one on mine.

"Georgia, I need to tell you what happened last night-" I started but then stopped when two large hands landed on my shoulders. Startled, I jumped. My bagel had dropped to the floor and I frowned in disappointment. I was looking forward to eating it. I turned to glare at the person responsible for this.

Jack stood behind me trying to hold back a laugh. He tried to look apologetic but he failed. "Sorry..." He says as he bent down, grabbed the bagel, dusted it off with his hands before blowing on it, then placed it back onto my plate. "There, good as new."

I couldn't help but smile at the effort, however, I was definitely not going to eat a bagel that was on a hotel floor.

"Oh gee, thanks. But maybe you should have it." I teased giving Jack my plate before grabbing another and replaced the bagel with a muffin. It had chocolate chips in it, which might be better than a plain bagel.

Jack smirked and took the bagel into his hands. He brought it up to his mouth before taking a huge bite out of the side. With an full mouth he smiled. "Can't let it go to waste."

There was a time when I couldn't imagine myself talking to the Jack Vella, but here I was, watching him eat a bagel the morning after he said he wanted me to be his. I still felt like what had happened was a dream but when I woke up I found the bag of M&Ms on the nightstand, still left unopened, and I knew that it was real.

Before I stared too long at Jack I rolled my eyes and headed towards a random table. It was a table away from the majority of the hockey boys but also in the middle of the couples tables around me. I noticed Cole and Paisley playfully bickering as Cole drenched his waffles in syrup. Sitting next to them was Jess and Kane. Skyler wasn't down here yet, neither was Nick, her boyfriend, the second left wing on the team.

How could they miss breakfast?We won't have time to really eat until at least one.

"Did you sleep alright last night?" Jack asked. He had followed me to the table and sat down. The bagel was halfway gone now.