Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I couldn't breathe as I watched the trainers try to get Jack to sit up but he didn't have the strength. I've never seen him in this much pain before and it was killing me.

The crowd was still silent as someone ran onto the ice with a board to carry Jack on. I kept my eyes on Jack as I sidestepped down our section and over to the next one trying to reach the stairs that led to the locker rooms I was sure they were going to bring him to.

"Rosie, wait, you can't go down there!" Georgia shouted but I ignored her and jogged the rest
of the way to the entrance of the rink. I felt people in the crowd turn to stare at me, but I didn't care. All I could concentrate on was Jack.

They had gotten him onto the board, now they were gently lifting him and toting him off the ice. Jack's eyes were clenched shut in pain and his hands still clutched at his head. I would do anything to take his pain away. It hurt me seeing him this way. He was always so strong and confident, yet now he looked so very fragile.

"You shouldn't be down here, miss." One of the trainers said to me as they passed me with Jack on the board in their hands.

"Jack..." I said subconsciously ignoring the medic's warning.

Despite the pain Jack was in he lifted his head slightly from the board. "Rosie..." He said somewhat relieved, but then he clenched his eyes again at the pain.

I pushed past a surrounding medic and walked beside Jack. I reached and grabbed his hand taking it in mine. "Sh, Jack. I'm here."

Jack relax, as he squeezed my hand. Not letting go, the trainer led us into the boy's locker room and sat Jack down on a near by bench.

"Miss, you need to leave. This is serious." The trainer who warned me before told me while he dug around in his medical bag.

"Please, I need to stay here with him." I say grasping onto Jack's hand tighter.

"I'm sorry, but you need to go." The trainer said sternly.

"No... She...stays..." Jack muttered using what's left of his energy to pull me closer to him. The trainer sighed, then shrugged.

"Alright, fine. But at least try to keep him still." He instructed me. I nodded.

I looked back down at Jack his eyes were screwed shut and his whole body was tense. Bending down I kissed his forehead trying to give him some reassurance that everything would be okay.

The trainer had laid out what was in his bag on the floor and was now running his hands across each thing before he found what he was looking for. He grabbed a small pen-like light which he then shone into each on of Jack's eyes. "Slight dilation though his pupil's seem to respond to the light." He stated to the other trainer who was standing by.

I glanced up to the trainer. He had tan skin and he looked about mid thirties. He was acting so calm, something I was struggling with as Jack kept squeezing my hand. I was trying my hardest to get my heart to stop beating so fast, but until Jack was alright I'm not sure it would.

"The game... I need to get back out there." Jack said suddenly and tried jolting up into a sitting position. He didn't make it far before he winced and fell back.

Gently I reached out and ran my hand over his forehead. "Jack... The game doesn't matter right now." I say quietly.

Jack could only shake his head.

"Your girlfriend's right son. Your health is what matters now, worry about the game later." The trainer said as he pulled out a needle filled with some sort of liquid he set it aside ready to be used later. "Okay I'm going to put pressure on different parts of your head, tell me which parts hurt the worst."