Chapter 29

Chapter 29

For the next week I avoided every place I might run into Jack. I couldn't handle seeing him ignore me, like we were nothing.

I managed to hang out with Georgia a lot, we went to a basketball game, her and Nolan were back on speaking terms, but far from being what they once were. I couldn't tell if watching him play was difficult for Georgia, she, like Jack, had mastered the emotionless face that gave nothing away.

We went for coffee a couple times in the week, partly to study for the semester tests we had coming up. Christmas break was two weeks away, which meant exams and holiday shopping.

I was dying to go to the rink. A few times I almost gave in, but then I thought better of it. The rink was the one sure place that I would happen to run into Jack or the rest of the team.

Cole and Kylar still acknowledged me when they passed by me in the halls but Talon went back to pretending I didn't exist.

It was Friday night now and I was having a night to myself. Mom was working a late shift, Addie was up in bed, and I was curled up in blankets ready to for my Twilight marathon.

My phone buzzed again. It was Georgia she had already called me twice, wanting to go to this party a friend of Nolan's was throwing. Both times I told her that I couldn't party, not tonight. I had to babysit, and there was no way I'm changing out of my penguin onesie.

Regrettably I answered my phone. "Georgia, I already told you-"

"Rosie?" A guy's voice answered.

"Cole?" I paused the TV, surprised Cole was calling. There was music pounding in the backround.

I guess Georgia had made it to the party, but why did Cole have her phone?

Cole cleared his throat. "Georgia let me borrow her phone, but anyway I'm calling because we can't find Jack." I sat up straighter hearing his name. "He was at the game, and apparently came to the party but he's no where to be found. I called his house, he's not home. And it's not like him to just disappear."

Cole rambled on, but I was already standing up and walking to my room, needing to change.

"I know you two aren't talking right now, but is he over at your house?"

I made it to my room now, and started pulling out a t-shirt and jeans. "No, there's no one here but my sister and I."

"Damn it." Cole cursed loudly. "Where the fuck could he be?" He whispered more to himself than to me.

I stripped out of my onesie and slid into the t-shirt and jeans quickly. Then went over to put on my boots. My mind was racing, trying to think of places Jack would go.

The rink. "Cole, the rink. Have you checked there?" I asked. I had managed to get both boots laced up, and I ran over grabbing my jacket. Leaving my room I checked on Addie. She was sound asleep, I only hoped Mrs. Harrison was still awake so she could watch her for me.

"Fuck, of course!" Cole explained, he was about to hang up.

"Go to the rink, I'm on my way!" The phone was shuffled around, probably passed back to Georgia as Cole left.

"Rosie, this party is soooo not fun." She was drunk, great, another thing I needed.

I ran out of the house and over to Mrs. Harrison's, the phone was still pressed against my ear.

"Georgia..." I said, she hummed in reply. "I need you to find Nolan and stay with him, okay?"

"Okayyy..." That was all I needed to hear before I hung up and knocked on Mrs. Harrison's door.