Chapter 11

Chapter 11

There was tapping on my window. Why is there tapping on my window?

Refusing to acknowledge the tapping I pulled the covers over my head and burrowed deeper into my bed. It was warm, and I decided I wasn't leaving it. Ever.

However, the tapping intensified making it impossible to ignore it. Grumbling curses I threw the covers off of me letting the warmth I had previously felt escape. The air in my room was cold as was the floor and I realized now that I did not have socks on. I grimaced as goosebumps formed on my skin.

"I swear, to whoever is at my window, I will brutally murder you." I muttered angrily as I made my way to the window. Pushing the seal upwards I stuck my head out to find the culprit.

"Quick, let me in." Georgia exclaimed pushing me aside and climbed into my bedroom. Not having very good balance I fell backwards and landed on my butt.

"What the actual hell?" I shouted as I watched Georgia brush of her hands and regain her natural stance.

"Sorry..." She mumbled then left me on the floor while she walked over to my bed and took a seat. I rolled my eyes before pushing myself up onto my feet. I kept an eye on Georgia as I walked over to my dresser to grab a pair of socks. Her gaze was on the floor, and she didn't look up at any of the noises I made. This is strange, especially for her.

Leaning against my dresser I slipped one fuzzy sock on at a time. My body still wasn't fully awake and functioning so I wound up falling back into my wall when I tried to put the left sock on.

"Shit." I muttered, rubbing the back of my head where the wall hit me. I looked to Georgia for some sympathy or even a laugh but she gave no response. She sighed and laid back onto my bed. What is up with her? On any other day she would've been snorting with laughter at my clumsiness.

With both socks finally on I walked to my bed and plopped down beside Georgia. "Okay, what's troubling you?"

She looked over to me as if I interrupted an important thought process going on in her mind. "Nothing, why?"

"Oh, I don't know. I couldn't have gotten that idea from how you abruptly came in through my window, said one word, laid on my bed in silence, and then won't even acknowledge my clumsiness...something's gotta be up." I said.

"You did something clumsy and I missed it?" She said dazed, then smirked at me. "Damn..." She began to drift back into her daze.

Her gaze was focused on my ceiling again so i nudged her leg with mine. Georgia looked back at me. "Seriously, what's going on with you? And no bullshit either. Something is up and we tell each other everything." I told her sternly. "It's law." I added. Georgia chuckled weakly.

"Nolan, showed up at my house this morning. We hadn't spoken since we last fought that day we went to watch hockey practice and your man, Jack," she winked trying to keep the mood light.

"Jack is not my man, not even close. Anyway, continue..." I encouraged.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Vella's girl." She smirked -and I rolled my eyes before she continued. "Anyway, we hadn't spoken for like two days, which is a lot for us, but then he just showed up this morning with no warning. I thought maybe the fight blew over and he was coming over to be romantic and such, but he wasn't over the fight. He wanted to continue it. I think he just wanted to get me to hate him so it would've been easier on him..." She paused.

"What, why?" I asked assuming the worst.

"When he officially declared that whatever kind of thing we had was over. That maybe he once thought we had a soulmate's chance at love, but now he's lost interest." Georgia's voice cracked and I thought she might cry. She never cried.

"You know what? I don't need him. Let's go out today and have fun, what do you say?" My eyes widened at her abrupt mood change. She was building a wall, blocking her emotions out. It was her coping strategy.

"Are you sure? We could just stay in and watch movies all day?" I suggested. Georgia brushed it off.

"No I need a get away day, and a place filled with hot guys." She gasped with an idea. "I happened to over-hear the hockey guys talking about a team bonding day. They'll be going to Sporty Universe to play mini-golf, hit in the batting cages, go-karting, and have a laser tag fight. We could totally crash it!" She exclaimed wildly.

Georgia had jumped off my bed and was starting to root through my closet. "Georgia, slow down... We can't just crash the hockey team's bonding sesh. That's insane and sort of creepy." I tried to rationalize.

"Going to Sporty Universe is a normal thing for people our age. It would seem like we just happened to be there when they were." George explained to me.

Was she thinking clearly? There was no way I was going any place Jack would be. I've seen enough of him lately and last night's almost kiss was still fresh on my mind. I needed time to recuperate.

"There is no way we are going to crash their team time. Let's just go to the movie theater instead. That cute guy who works in the box office might be there..." I smiled hoping my persuasion would work.

"That's one cute guy compared to the fifteen we might bump into at Sporty Universe." She counteracted while peeling one of my black v-neck shirts from the hanger. I turned away when she began to strip from her clothes and put the shirt on.

"What's with the change of taste? You don't even like hockey guys. You think they stink and are incredibly rude." I said. Georgia began to rummage through my jeans drawer.

She was already more than half way dressed and I was still sitting in my pajamas with my legs crossed on my bed. "I used to think that. But that Parker kid...man, he's hot." She stopped for a second and fanned her self. I chuckled.

"Change of heart, for a sophomore?" I teased temporarily getting off topic.

Georgia let out a groan. "Damn... He's a sophomore?" She pulled out a pair of my ripped skinny jeans and slipped them on. "Well I guess, Mama's starting to play young."

I gagged. "Gross, please don't ever refer to yourself as "Mama" ever again."

"Only for Mama's lil girl." She winked then walked over to my full length mirror. "So it's settled then, we're going?"

Groaning I stood up and walked over to my bedroom door. "Let's better discuss this over breakfast. I'm not good at thinking straight on an empty stomach."