Chapter 6

Chapter 6
"Rosie..." A voice called. "Rosie..." It called again. "Rosie!" It shrieked. Startled I jolted awake. Daylight broke through my curtains and I had to squint against the light coming through the cracks. "Finally your awake, I've been yelling your name for like ten years now."

Yawning I looked over to see Georgia standing in my doorway. What's was she doing here? We have school today.

"If your about to ask why I'm here, save it, I'm here to take you to school, young lady." She teased, pointing a finger in my direction.

"It's too early for you to 'young lady' me and I can take myself to school." I groaned flopping back down onto my pillows. All I wanted was to sleep. Getting home after midnight didn't help me fall asleep and neither did the fact that my brain wouldn't stop replaying the events of last night. I groaned.

"Quit whining, and get your ass out of bed, I'm doing you a favor. Now, you've got fifteen minutes to be dressed, downstairs and ready to go or you'll be in big trouble, missy." Georgia warned me. I stuck my hand into the air to flip her off.

Georgia only chuckled before I heard my door shut as she left me alone. Again, I groaned.

* * * *

Why won't she stop yelling? She's going to ruin her vocal cords and make my head explode. "Fucking walk across the road, you Wallaby!" Georgia impatiently yelled at the old man crossing the street in front of us.

"Georgia, c'mon he's just an old man." I reasoned. She scoffed.

"Yeah, but he's a slow fucking turtle too!" She griped. We were almost to the school, but I was doubtful that Georgia could make it there without running over someone.

The old man barely reached the other side of the road before Georgia sped past and pulled into the school's parking lot. She turned sharply stealing a parking spot away from the car in front of us. "You snooze, you lose!" She taunted them even though they couldn't hear what she was saying. I, however opened her car door and stumbled out thankful solid ground, a place Georgia has no control over.

"And you wonder why I never ask you for rides." I rubbed my neck checking to make sure I didn't have whiplash. Georgia laughed as she grabbed her backpack from the backseat.

"If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen." She smirked. Pulling her phone from her pocket to check the time.

"I'm not sure if that was a correct response." I winked at her but she wasn't looking at me. Her gaze was settled on something over my shoulder. I turned my head to look. But Georgia stopped me by placing her hands on my shoulders. "Don't look!" She hissed.

I gave her a glare. "And why can't I?"

"Jack Vella is staring at you, and I don't mean a 'you got something in your hair' stare. I mean a 'over-protective boyfriend' stare." She was still looking behind me. I watched her eyes flick back and forth as she concentrated on who I assumed was Jack. "Is there something going on between you two?" She asked suspiciously looking down at me.

I forced myself not to blush and cleared my throat. "No, of course not. There is definitely not anything going on with me and Jack. If there was then they world would be on fire." I joked even though I knew I was somewhat lying. There was some truth to what I told her. Jack and I weren't anything, but we have had a few moments when I questioned what our connection was. I shook my head. Who am I kidding, there was no question about it. There was nothing going on between us.

"Okay... You'd tell me if there was right?" Georgia asked. She sounded skeptical and her eyes were filled with questions.

"Yeah, Definitely. Now can we head to class before we are late." I ushered her along to Government.

We had barely made it into our seats when the tardy bell rang. Our teacher gave us a look, but he refrained from saying anything. I silently thanked him for letting it go. This morning has already been too crazy.

I twirled my pencil in my hands as Mr. Galler continued on and on about the Senate and how it worked. This would be useful information for the future, and I should pay close attention but my mind kept wondering back to Jack. He is a mystery to me, and has been for the last seventeen years of my life.
I used to not think twice about Jack Vella. He was always the hockey kid, who was only social with his teammates and wrote off everyone else as irrelevant. Girls and even guys have tried to break through to him but unless you shared the ice with him you had zero chance at breaking through his hard shell.

"Pst...pst..." I glanced up from my notes to see Georgia violently pointing to the classroom door. "Jack Vella is staring at you." She mouthed and continued to point, but now she began pointing to him then to me.

Confused, I turned my head slightly to take a glance at the door. Sure enough, Jack was standing on the other side, his gaze intently on me. When I met his eyes, my heartbeat sped up. I watched as he bit his lip, tore his eyes away from mine and disappeared from the window. My cheeks flushed, he can't just give me a look like that and leave.

Not thinking straight my hand shot up. "May I go to the restroom, sir?" I blurted out. Mr. Galler glared.

"Can it wait? This is important information I'm teaching you." He tapped on the board behind him. I groaned inwardly. I could care less about the Senate I needed to leave...now.

"It's um a feminine problem, you know that time of the-" He cut me off before I could finish.

"Just go, and try to hurry." He grimaced as he turned back to the board continuing his lesson. I stood up from my desk and looked at Georgia. She was smiling at me. "I knew you two were a thing!" She mouthed excitedly. I rolled my eyes and shook my head before leaving the classroom.

The halls were empty and I thought maybe Jack was gone but as I turned the corner I saw him staring at a poster for the upcoming hockey game this week. I could tell he wasn't actually reading the poster, his eyes didn't move across the paper. He didn't even acknowledge me as I walked up to him. He continued to stare blankly ahead. I stopped a few feet in away from him. I didn't think this through. Jack was only an arm's length away and I had no clue what to say.

What could I even say? Was there anything to say? Maybe, I should just head back to-

"You know it's kinda creepy how you're staring at me like that." Jack smirked as he turned his head to look at me. I blushed but then I regained control of myself.

"Woah...Wait, I'm the creepy one? Says the guy who was peeping through the classroom window to watch me." I stated, crossing my arms. I am not going to let him make me into the fool here. Jack was silent. Good, it was his turn to be embarrassed.

"How do you know I was staring at you and not the hot blonde sitting behind you." He said roughly turning his body to mine as he took a step forward. He took another step towards me and I took a step back. My cheeks flushed. I hadn't thought about the possibility that he wasn't staring at me.

But then I remembered, I sat at the back of the class so there was no one behind me. "No one, sits behind me." I said. Jack continued walking towards me until my back hit the wall.

"You sure about that?" His voice was deep and raspy. The look in his eyes had changed and I felt myself wanting to reach out and pull him to me. I don't know who this Jack Vella truly is but my subconscious wanted him closer. My breathing had grown heavy as Jack took another small step towards me. Our bodies were inches from touching and I could barely speak. "P-positive." I stuttered then cleared my throat. "You had to have been staring at me." I mumbled more to myself than to him.

"Maybe I was." Jack leaned in and I felt my heart stop as his face got closer to mine. It felt like he was going to-

The bell rung. Students flooded out of the of the classroom filling the halls. "Shit." I exclaimed then darted around Jack's body, and practically sprinted back to my government class. I didn't look back at Jack, I knew he was staring after me.

My heart was still racing when I settled into my desk next to Georgia. The look on Jack's face was imprinted in my brain and I knew it wouldn't leave anytime soon. I groaned and laid my head down on the desk. Georgia nudged my shoulder.

"You are such a liar, tell me everything."