Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I can't believe we were doing this. This had to be an all time low for us. Sure we'd drive by cute guys houses a couple of times, but this? This had to be the most weirdest.

Georgia knew the exact time the hockey team would be there so she decided we'd show up thirty minutes behind them to make it seem like we had no clue they were there. She had it all planned. While she pushed me to make a move on Jack today, she, herself would make a move on Parker or another one of the boys that sparked her interest.

She was pretty and flirty enough to get with any guy she wanted to. So, it seems like any guy in her cute radar was a goner.

Earlier she even asked for one of my mom's bigger push-up bras.

"How do they look?" She had asked posing in front of me as I had slipped on my flannel. While she may be comfortable with people talking about her boobs and what not, I was not.

It made me feel uneasy and a little under developed since she wore a D while I barely hit a B- cup this past year. "They look good, no guy will resist you!" I had said what she wanted to hear, however, it was true. No guy could.

"Are you really going to wear a flannel?" She had questioned after she glanced over my outfit.

"Yes, because it's cold and I'm comfortable. Also, why it may be okay with you flashing your body around, I, personally have a much harder time doing so. Now let's go before we arrive too late." I had changed subjects quickly.

"That's what I like to hear! Let's go get our game on!" She had yelled while she led the way to my car.

Now as we pulled into Sporty Universe's parking lot a wave of nervousness hit me. I looked over to Georgia. She was checking her appearance in the car mirror.

"Ready?" She asked.

"No."

"Oh c'mon. We're here. Might as well have fun!" I felt her nudge my shoulder before she slipped out of my car.

"Fun, right, just have fun." I mumbled to myself before following after Georgia.

*****
"Individual tickets or an all activities pass?" The scrawny guy at the counter asked us.

"Two passes please." Georgia said eagerly handing the guy the money. He seemed intimidated by her brash nature and fumbled around behind the counter while getting our passes.

"Poor guy, he can't handle my cuteness." Georgia joked confidently as we made our way further into Sporty Universe.

"He most definitely couldn't handle your cuteness radiation." I teased nudging her shoulder with mine as we walked. Not paying much attention to wear I was walking I ran into someone.

"S-sorry..." I said hurriedly as I looked up to the guy I ran in to. I froze as I realized who it was.

"Rosie?" He mumbled looking at me in confusion.

"Jack... h-hey." I stuttered out. Why did he do this to me? It wasn't fair. I tore my eyes away from his and looked down at my feet.

"What are you doing here?" He asked starting to reach out to lift my chin up so I'd look up but he retracted his hand when I lifted my head. He looked good today. His hair was quiffed as usual, and he was wearing his Hockey varsity jacket. I couldn't describe why his appearance was more appealing today than yesterday, but it was.

"Um... She-Georgia needed a get away day. So we... Um... Came here?" I said unsure if this sounded remotely true to him.

"Oh, well I'm glad to see you out of the hockey rink." He said surprising me. He was happy to see me? "Well, um, I should get back to the boys..."

"Oh yeah, sure."

"But... I mean we are short two people to make sure we know everybody racing in go-karts, care to join?" He asked.

My heart leapt. I wanted to eagerly say yes but I kept control, trying to look cool. Remembering Georgia was still at my side I looked over to her asking if she was up for it. "Sure, sounds cool." She replied.

"Great, go-karts are over this way." He pointed in the direction of the go-kart track before he started to lead us over there.

Georgia let him get a bit further away before she turned on me. "The sexual tension between you two is astounding. Like if you weren't you I would've thought you might jump him."

My cheeks burned in a blush. She couldn't just say this stuff when he was literally 10 feet or less away. "Georgia! Don't say that so loud." I muttered letting my hair fall into my face.

"So you don't deny it... Wait, did something happen last night at the game?" She asked in an excited whisper. Her hand gripped onto my arm tightly.

"No... Noth-" I started but was cut off when we reached the group of hockey boys standing in line at the go-kart station. I instantly recognized Cole, Talon, and Kane among the group. My throat tightened. They hated me. This was a bad idea. I froze beginning to panic.

"Rosie... Are you coming?" I looked up to see Jack waiting for me to reach him. Why was he waiting? And why did he have a look of concern over his face?

Nodding I followed after Georgia and Jack as we neared the group.

"Oh no! Look who the dog dragged in..." Talon said looking to Jack then to me then to Georgia. "Can't seem to resist the hockey guys, I see?" He winked maliciously.

Georgia scoffed. She had never like Talon, something about him had always ground her gears. "Actually I came for the thrill of racing." I smiled at her words. Complete and total lie.

"The thrill? I can show you thrill." Kane said giving Georgia a look that I think was supposed to be sexy.

"Enough guys. We need two extra people and I found some." Jack said coldly. He wasn't looking at anyone, his gaze focused on the go-kart track.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him to look at me, but he never could when he was surrounded by his teammates. My guess was he had an image to protect, especially around the guys. Something over took me and I felt brash and confident.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I would like to test out the go-karts." I wedged my way through the hockey team, which wasn't easy considering they were all massive. I had reached the entrance gate and flashed the worker my pass before he let me through to claim a go-kart.

I knew everyone was watching me, but I didn't let it affect me. I liked this new burst of confidence.

Choosing a red go-kart at the front I sat down and buckled up. Without looking back I heard the rest of the hockey team and Georgia follow after me. I could hear Georgia fighting with one of the freshman players over a green kart to my left. I chuckled, then swallowed it as Kylar came to take the blue kart to my right.

"Do you mind if I take this one?" He asked already beginning to get into it.

Before his butt could touch the seat a hand grabbed his shoulder and wrenched him up and out of the kart. "Actually she does, might want to pick another one." Jack said pushing Kylar in the opposite direction. Kylar followed orders, he was a junior which gave Jack superiority since he was a Senior.

I watched as Jack settled into the go-kart next to me. He didn't say a word until he was buckling himself up.

"You know, I never pegged you for a go-kart kind of girl." He said mockingly. I was reminded of what I had told him the other night about his Volkswagen beetle. I'm surprised he even remembered that.

"Ha, funny." I rolled my eyes at him gaining a chuckle in return. "You ready to eat my dust?"

Jack laughed then smirked. "Bring it on, Rosie."