#1: A Normal Day

*beep*

*beep*

I curse out life and turn my 3rd alarm off. It's 5:30am time for school. I get up as I slip on some jeans and a hoodie with some converse.

I grab my bag and keys. I hop on my dads old cruiser bike and strap my helmet on as I make my way to school.

My foster mom, isn't a fan of me riding his old bike but it's that or she drives me in the morning. She says it's dangerous for a 17 year old girl to drive but she won't take me so I have to do what I have to do.

I park the bike and walk into first period. English. I enjoy reading so I like starting my day with Ms. Ruggins she normally just lets us read and work on assignments during class so it's not that bad.

.

It's lunch and now I get to leave school! Finally I cannot wait to get home. It's my senior year and I have a few extra credits so I don't have a full schedule which lets me leave early. I don't really have friends here. I moved here a few months ago when I got relocated to a new foster home. It's not bad, Ms. Lara is an older lady, I help her at home and with the younger kids we have. It's only me, a boy who's 13 (Michael) and girl who's 12 (Susie).

Now I'm home and I can eat and do homework while listening to some music.

4pm

Shit. I'm going to be late for work. I woke at the Galesburg city library it's super nice and easy. Mrs. Herbert is an older lady who I help out. I just stack books and read. Best job ever.

But she's going to get mad if I'm late.......again. I grab my bag and keys and run out telling Susie and Michael I'll cook dinner later.

I get to the library after speeding past a few cars. I run inside to the counter, Mrs. Herbert gives me a look as I look at the clock on the wall. 4:14. "I'm not late today" I smile at her

She shakes her head "you are cutting it close today.... The cart is full of returns if you could put those away"

"I'm on it" I start pushing the cart around putting the books in their spots.

"Oh uh miss" a guy asks from behind me as I put a book away.

"Oh hi..." he's goes to my school "how can I help you?"

"Do you have any books on mythology? And fantasy? Along those lines?" I smile and nod

"It should be down aisle 22 and 23" I point down to them.

"You go to Gal high right?"

I nodded. "Yep" I say popping the p.

"That's cool.....I've just seen you around school" he scratched his neck. "Oh- thanks....I'll see you later" he left.

He was nice. I think he's in my calculus class. I go back to stacking books. And I push the empty cart back to the front desk where Mrs. Herbert was helping someone make a library card.

I walk through the aisles making sure everything is in place and when I get to 22. I see the guy from earlier passed out on the floor.

I look around and there are books scattered along the floor too. I rush up to him taking his pulse. Ok he's alive. "Hey" I shake him gently and he groans. He opens his eyes and grabs my wrist pinning me to the floor.

"Why won't you leave me alone!?" He said angrily. And when he saw it was me he quickly got up helping me up. "I'm so sorry....I thought you were someone else"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay.....you were passed out on the floor"

He smiled nodding his head. "I'm fine. Just some of my friends playing a prank on me. Thank you for the help"