#16: fire power

There have been no sign of the witches anywhere since their attack on strong heart. It's been a month. A MONTH! we still go on patrol every night at 2am! That has become our permanent shift.

I sigh as I climb out of bed and try to wake up Cindy. Sometimes we start away till our shift but I decide a nap before is the best or else I would sleep before it was over.

Cindy groans stretching up. "I can't wait till this is over" she groans crawling out of bed. I smile at her and agree as I feel my magic wash over me and bam. Fairy mode.

I walk to the balcony sitting on the railing. Cindy flies out and shuts the doors with a wave of her hand. I catch up to her as we go to the front gate tonight. We rotate around so we aren't in the same spot every night. I see Lucia yawning as we land.

"Good night ladies" she hands me the radio and flies off with another second year student.

"Well wanna fly around?" Cindy says doing a twirl.

"Sure" I shrug yawning again. I gotta stay awake.

We fly around doing little tricks and twirls. Cindy made a ring of fire and we kept jumping and flying through.

"This is the east sector we are being attacked please help it's this gia-...." Silence

Cindy and I look at each other and fly as fast as we can there. I see a first year holding a shield as a Minotaur swings an axe at her. She's standing over her partner who's unconscious on the floor.

"Cindy get the bull I'll get the girls" she nods. And flies up to the Minotaur's height. He was tall maybe 8ft or more.

"HEY HORNS UP HERE!!" The bull swung the axe towards Cindy and she flew up. Throwing fire beams at it. He growls and stomps closer to Cindy.

I fly down to the girls. "Thank you so much.....he hit her pretty hard" the girl explains to me as I see blood on her head. I place my hands on either side of her head. She has a concussion but the bleed was superficial. I stopped the bleeding as a headache started to form.

"She's fine just needs to rest....take her to nurse Patty and alert the on call fairies!" She nods flying away with her friend in her arms.

"This ....west sec-......help......-ease" broken message is heard from the radio.

"We have to trap it" Cindy flies down to me. "My magic isn't doing anything just little taps" I nod at her as the Minotaur came towards us swinging.

"Ahhh" I scream as I barely dodged the axe. "EARTHS ARMS" I grunt pulling roots from the ground to wrap around its legs and arms. My hands shake a little as I try holding the Minotaur still.

"LAVA BLAZE" Cindy screams as a powerful beam hits the Minotaur. He's barely fazed and keeps struggling against the roots.

"Do you know any stronger spells?" I ask her as we land in front of the beast.

"That was my strongest one" she sighs looking defeated.

"An...yone?" The radio's static echos in the dark forest.

"The west!" Cindy gasps as we fly over the courtyard to the west side. There is a group of Minotaurs by the front gate. Oh no. "Lilly go wake up the other fairies I'll handle the west." I nod as I fly back to the center of the court yard.

I clicked the big red emergency alarm button. It's like a fire alarm ringing throughout school. Fairies came rushing out towards me. A group of 3rd years get to me first. "What's going on?"

"There are Minotaurs surrounding the school! Our magic is useless against them" I breath out.

"Don't worry......we can handle it" I think she's an ice fairy. She walks towards the front gate. "Ready girls?" She asks the group of 6 girls around her. and they all nod transforming.