#20: The Gala

Third POV

After another failed call Catling sighs in defeat. "They won't cancel the gala.....they said they have plenty of security and officers there so nothing will happen" she explains intertwining her hands together and leaning her head against them as she tries to think of something to do. She's called everyone she could think of and explained what she could. But at last after 14 calls no one would change their mind saying it's too late and out of their hands.

The specialists were all learning the exits and discussing what to do to get everyone out safely. They got gas masks that silas put a spell on so even magic gas shouldn't bother them.

Silas was casting spells with some help from Bella to magic proof extra gas masks.

The Cindy and Pearl were trying to formulate an antidote to various magical gases. With the help of some other 3rd year Alfea students.

Lilly and another healing fairy were busy reading all about poison magic and what she could do to heal it.

.

After a long day there was only an hour left before the gala starts. The girls were all getting their mission suits on while the guys got all the equipment on the ship.

A dozen red fountain and strong heart ships were loaded with small teams of specialists and fairies to help evacuation plan or if something goes wrong.

"Ready girls?" Cindy looks around at everyone. They're all in the spy suits that Lucia made for them.

They walk out to their assigned ship where the boys are waiting in their mission suits. So the plan is that the girls go into the gala and find the witches while the boys keep all the exits open and get everyone out of there quickly. Sounds easy right?
.

Lilly POV:

Cindy and I laugh at each other as we do our hair. I decided to become a ginger and now she's blonde. Pearl and Bella also changed their hair colors. We all thought it would be a better option to stay more hidden.

We all double clicked our heels and our dresses pop on. I smile as I pass my hands over the soft fabric of the skirt. It's really a beautiful dress. I have to get something for Lucia as a thank you.

Cindy grabs my arm and gives my hand a gentle pat. We walk into the gala with Bella and Pearl behind us. We split up covering more ground. Cindy and I went to the left while Bella and Pearl went right. We're just keeping our eyes open for the dresses I tried explaining to everyone.

Cindy is talking about random things like the sky and ocean. I just keep looking around at everyone's dresses.

"Anyone see anything?" Dimitri asks and his voice made me jump a little. Cindy gives me a light laugh.

"Nothing here" Cindy says into her bracelet making it look like she was just adjusting it around her wrist.

"I think I see scarlet" Bella whispers. "I'm tailing her"

Cindy and I give each other a look. That look that's like wide eye mentally talking to each other. "Should we go?" She whispers to me as we each grab a glass of champagne.

"We're supposed to stay here.....my guess is Beatrix is nearby" I whisper to her.

We go off to this table and there's this group of women standing at the table next to us talking about recent events and gossip.

"I heard there was an attack at the race ceremony a few days ago" the woman in red says to her friend in blue.

"Yes all the officers were murdered. They said no one had a head on anymore" the blue whispers.