#9: birthday

It's been a month since the failed hang out with Tyler and it's already December! It's December 12 my 18th birthday but I didn't tell anyone. I never celebrated my birthday before and today shouldn't be any different.

My magic has been getting more unstable and I still don't understand why. I've read every single book from my research and nothing makes sense. Magic should get more stable not unstable. It says I'm a mature fairy but most nature fairies don't have my healing power. It makes no sense.

I shake my head and try to listen to potions lecture. School gets annoying when you can't really do anything. But it's a Friday so yay! I can relax all weekend maybe find more books to answer my questions.

My mind keeps wandering as I try to focus on Ms. Snows words. Tyler hasn't talked to me since that day. He gives me short dry messages and then I gave up after that.

I hear the bell. "CLASS DISMISSED! Oh and happy birthday Ms. Lilly" she really had to tell everyone.

I rush out of class. "LILLY" I hear Cindy's screech down the hallway.

"Yes?" I spin around seeing an angry cindy behind me.

"WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME!!! Happy birthday!! Oh gosh we need to plan something" she hugs me and goes walking off talking about a party and decorations and cake and gosh.

"Happy birthday Lilly" Bella nudges news with a smile.

"Happy birthday!" Pearl hands me this little clear fairy statue.

"Aw thanks guys!" I give them a hug as we walk behind cindy. "Cindy please nothing crazy! I just want a simple day like a beach trip or something easy" I pull her arm.

"BEACH BIRTHDAY BASH TOMORROW!!" Cindy cheers. Oh gosh.

"Please only friends" I beg her.

"Fine.....if it's what you want?"

I nod. "Thanks" I hug her

"Can I invite Ray and the guys? They are your friends?" She pulls her phone out.

"I- uh- sure!" It would be nice to see Ray. But I've never gone to the beach with friends before. Or with a guy before.

"Let's go out for a dinner tonight then! We can dress up! Put some makeup on and painful heels!!" Cindy cheers

[lilly]" I don't know.....I don't really celebrate my birthday"

[cindy] "Awww come on whyyyyy"

[lilly] "I never had a reason to celebrate being alive....or anyone to celebrate with"

[cindy] "now you have us"

Cindy pulls me in for a hug as Bella and Pearl wrapped their arms around us. "Awwww I love you guys" I tell the girls as we make our way to our room to get ready.

Cindy said she knows this fancy new restaurant and got a reservation. I'm not sure how but it was nice. I never had anyone care for me this way. I'm just so lucky to have her. Bella gave me this purple dress to wear. It was long with a slit up my left leg, one shoulder and just so soft like silk. I had a pair of black heels so I slipped those on. I braided my hair into a half up crown.

Pearl is wearing a long blue flowing dress with mixed of different shades of blue with tan heels. Bella is wearing a black strapless dress with black heels. And Cindy is in this yellow dress tank top, open back dress with brown strapy heels.

We're all in the living room as Cindy takes a million pictures. "Ok wait one more!" She said and uses her magic to take another picture on her phone.

"Ok that's it! We have to go or else we'll be late" Bella says. The sun is just now setting, darkening the sky.