#18: hover bike

Its been a week since the Minotaurs and the witches and there's been no sign of them anywhere. Everyone is just waiting for the inevitable war but we all act like we're trying to act like everything is normal and maybe the witches won't attack.

Today is the day!!! Hover Bike race! The past few days I've been practicing with Ray at Zandite. We both stayed the week to relax and have some time together. So here we are. I'm wearing an official hover bike rider suit. Apparently all the racers need to wear the same one to keep things fair. It prevents the wearer from using magic against others during the race. But I have shorts and a tshirt on under.

I'm pushing the bike to the start as I look around at the contestants. Imagine all the specialists with 3 girls randomly placed in the middle. Although I'm glad I'm not the only female, go girls, if I lose one of them better win. I get to the starting line and put my helmet on. I see Ray with Cindy and the rest of the gang smiling and waving at me and Brady. I give them a small smile back as I get on the bike.

"RACERS GET READY!!" The announcer yells and the crowd starts cheering like crazy. I start reviving the engine like all the other riders.

"Good luck" some blonde dude next to me gives me a wink as he slides his helmet on.

"Thanks.....let me know how the view of my back is" I joke back.

"ON YOUR MARKS....." I put my foot up. "GET SET....." I start the engine. "GOOOOOO" I push off and fly forward through the track.

I'm 6th right now and thats not good enough. On the first curve I pass by that guy from earlier. I see Brady up ahead I groan to myself as I can practically feel his smirk.

Now I'm in 5th. I'm right behind the guy in 4th I just need to slip by but he keeps blocking me. I slow down enough and pass him on his right by the wall. I smile to myself as I mentally cheer.

4th place. There's a sharp turn like a u-turn. I start close to the inner wall as I lean as far right as I could and manage to pass the dude in 3rd.

I see Brady and a girl ahead of me. They're both really close battling between 1st and 2nd. I can see the girls long hair outside of her helmet. And I know it sounds crazy but it looks so familiar.

After another sharp turn I start catching up. Out of no where that guy from the starting line passes me going right next to the girl. He started passing her and his bike started wobbling.

He lost control. He flew off his bike and his bike fell over coming towards me. I jump up and over the bike as I look back and it knocked another rider off their bike.

The guy from the starting line is falling. I cast a spell to catch him but this suit doesn't let me ugh. I groan. Ok I can catch him. I slow down and he lands on the back of my hover bike. I start speeding up as he holds on to me.

"THANKS" I hear him trying to yell but the wind is really loud.

"JUST HOLD ON WE'RE GONNA WIN"

"I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED ITS LIKE I HIT NOTHING AND MY BIKE WENT CRAZY" i started speeding up more. The extra weight slowing me down a little.

I turn my accelerator down all the way holding it as we start picking up some speed. Brady is passing the girl and when he starts getting ahead he lost control. His bike started wobbling and he fell behind the girl.

He got his control back and I could feel his anger. I'm caught up with Brady right next to him. We look at each other quickly glancing and he tries zooming in front of the girl and his bike starts glitching out. I look at the girl and SHES USING MAGIC!

Her hand is glowing purple/blue. As Brady's bike goes crazy. The sky started getting darker as lighting was crashing down from the clouds.

While she's looking back at brady I pass by her through the left. Once I'm in front of her my bike starts going crazy. The guy behind me held on tighter and screamed "HOLD
ON....KEEP IT STRAIGHT"