#12: specialist competition

After the weekend with my grandparents I came back we came back to Alfea for a week of classes. It's been easier to do the little spells. Nothing has blown up yet. But I couldn't transform. I tried everything but nothing worked.

.

"Cindy hurry up we're gonna be late!" I shout from the living room where Bella, Pearl and I are waiting for Cindy who's taking forever to get ready.

"Cindy the boys are going to start soon!" Bella yells.

The door finally opens. With Cindy looking beautiful in a crop top and jeans. I'm just wearing a hoodie and leggings.

"Cindy you know it's cold?" I ask her as we start walking to the door.

"Fire fairy secret......we don't get too cold" she whispers and we all laugh.

"Alright come on we'll miss the next bus if we don't hurry" I tell the girls.

"Oh we don't need the bus we have this" Cindy pulls her ring off.

"Uhhh how does that help us?" I look at her strangely

"This" and it turns into this magic staff with a fire gem thing at the top. "The Eternal flame helps transport much easier" she says waving her staff around the room and I feel funny sparkles over my body and I'm floating then the next thing I know is I'm standing in strong hearts garden. "We're here!" Cindy cheers

I look around and feel sick. "It's normal to have some sickness the first few times....you'll get use to it" Cindy says as she puts the ring away.

I take a few deep breaths and the nausea disappears. Cindy loops her arm in mind and Bella's as I grab Pearl when we start walking to the arena.

Red fountain, strong heart and specialists from the other magical colleges all gather in the Strong Heart battle arena. Some specialists are warming up, others talking, others getting ready with weapons and other things.

We all walk to seats on the second row. And sit down together. "I'm excited" I hold onto cindy and Pearl.

"I heard it's a good show" Pearl tells me giving my hand a squeeze

"They do all these categories like sword fighting, dragons, team battle, beast wrangling and weapons display" Cindy lists out

Dragons? "DRAGONS?" I look over at her. My eyes wide.

"Yea they tame wild dragons and they do a dragon show with the ones they've bonded with" Cindy explains.

"That's like a rodeo" I voice out.

"What's a rodeo?" Bella asks.

I forgot they aren't from earth. "It's where people ride horses and do all these different tricks and things with the horse or bull" I try explaining.

"So like what the boys are doing today? But an earth version" Bella interprets

"Yea I'll take you guys one day!"

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. FAIRIES AND ELFS. WELCOME TO THE WINTER SPECIALIST SHOWCASE. Our lovely gentlemen have been working and training very hard for today so let's hear it for our first show. Sword fighting"

Pairs of guys would come in. Some wearing blue, some red, other green and some purple. I guess each school has a different color. Now I see Ray walking in wearing blue and he's fighting Tyler in red.

"Oh this is going to be good" Cindy scoots to the edge of her seat. I hate to see I agree but I agree. This is going to be interesting. Ray looks mad. Serious. Tyler doesn't seem to care. Ugh.