ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ

⋆⁺₊⋆  ⋆⁺

MATILDA CAMPBELL had been the epitome of the girl next door. She was never one to not care about her grades, even if she had no one to bring home a straight A's report card to. Matilda just loved school. She loved studying and learning as much as a little kid loves ice cream on a summer day.

She was the picture perfect child within a family whose frame was broken.

It was no surprise when she befriended Nancy Wheeler within the first few days of attending Hawkins High.

Although Matilda held deep love for both of her parents, one was off with another family and one was struggling to stay afloat. Nevertheless, Matilda's heart was so full of admiration that even if she was 748 miles away from said parents, she still kept believing. Believing that one day she would return to her small hometown and live with her mother again. What Matilda didn't know was that this belief would soon be shattered into a million pieces with no glue to put it back together.

Enough with the deep talk. Lets get into what we really want to know about Matilda.

Hawkins, Indiana. The small, boring, normal old town where Matilda's aunt and cousin resided. Claudia Henderson had received a phone call from her sister one day with a request she could never deny. Matilda had always been close to her aunt and cousin, and was happy to move in with them for a few weeks during the summer. Or so she thought— a few weeks turned into months when Laurie Henderson decided to leave the country. Why? Laurie believed her daughter deserved to live the life that she was never awarded. Knowing this would tarnish Matilda's view of her, all she had the guts to do was mail a half-assed letter to the Henderson household.

Matilda cried for days.

Then she hid it.

Matilda started high school at Hawkins High in 1982. She became best friends with the one and only Nancy Wheeler after sitting next to her in history class. Through Nancy she met Barbara Holland, and the three became inseparable. Matilda avoided any talk of her family, and decided that they would never plan on hanging out at her house. She wasn't ashamed of her living situation, just embarrassed that she didn't have her own mom and dad to take care of her.

She became a lot closer to Dustin, and even his gang of close friends. Matilda had always been good with kids, and with being at the Wheeler's house often, she saw a lot of their party. She had a soft spot for the kids, and would do anything to protect them. Nancy would joke with her about how overprotective of them she was, but Matilda stood her ground. The older girl was like another sister to the gang of misfits, and they loved her just as much as she did them. Even before there was a flesh eating monster lurking in their midst.

One person that no one ever thought Matilda would come to be friends with was Steve Harrington. After colliding with each other in the school parking lot, resulting in a scraped knee, a few ruined books and a trip to the nurse, Steve and Matilda became good friends. Although they would have never been caught dead being all buddy buddy at school, the pair constantly hung out and helped each other with homework ( the help coming from Matilda and Matilda only ).

This all changed when Nancy and Steve started to become involved with one another. The surreal combination of Matilda's worlds was enough to distance her from Steve, mostly because instead of her being in the passenger seat of Steve's car, it was Nancy. Matilda didn't mind her two friends dating, or whatever they called it, but she did feel like she was slipping away from one of her best friends. She didn't want the same thing to happen to her again. It couldn't. Steve wouldn't abandon her completely. Right?

We'll just have to see what happens.

author speaks !

welcome to MATILDA!

as i said in the introduction, this is getting revamped!! hope yall enjoy <33

( chapters with the stars in front of the title are NOT edited! )

original note :

hello!! i've decided to start writing a stranger things fic because of the new season coming out. yes, this is starting at season 1 and will continue through season 4 (volume 2 in 5 days!!) so i have a LOT of writing ahead of me.

i'm rekindling my love for writing, after 4 years of stopping. you may see my old fanfic on my profile... ignore her. anyways, i hope this prologue peaked your interest in my oc! she means a lot to me and i hope she will to you too. i don't want to be like every other steve fic, so hopefully this becomes unique enough for you guys to enjoy!

feel free to leave votes or comments so i know how yall are feelin :D i have episode one written, so stay tuned!!

MATILDA !
lumosstarr