ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁰⁶

˗ˏˋ e pluribus unum ! ˎˊ˗

⋆⁺₊⋆  ⋆⁺

A GATE to the Upside Down was far from what the group was expecting to see. Well— only three knew what it really was. The trio in the know all slowly looked to each other. "The gate."

"We gotta go." Matilda moved fast, the others following.

"I don't understand, have you seen this before?" Robin asks.

Matilda stays silent, while Steve tries to explain a little. "Not exactly."

"Then what, exactly?" Robin presses.

"All you need to know is it's bad."

"It's really bad."

"Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad." Dustin rambles.

"It can literally kill us all." Matilda nods.

"And you know about this how?" Robin questions as they find themselves back in the comms room.

"Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?" Erica interrupts.

As if on cue, an alarm starts blaring. "Shit." Steve moves to open the door, and the sound of Russian guards yelling is heard when he does. He quickly slams it, looking to the stairs. "Shit. Go, go, go, go!" He yells as he grabs Matilda's hand and starts going up the stairs. "Move, come on!" They rush through the door, and Dustin opens another, revealing a bunch of people in white coats. "Go, go, go!" Steve exclaims, and the group makes a sharp left and keeps running.

Matilda hears more Russians yelling, detecting the anger through the foreign language. The group moved down the stairs towards a pathway that was right beside the laser they had seen moments before. Dustin kept repeating, "Holy shit," like a mantra as they watched the bright light beam into the gate.

The friends seemingly had nowhere to go, because the pathway they were on fell off into darkness. The guards were getting closer, but Steve turns to find another stairway down. "This way," He exclaims and they followed him down, fearing for their lives if they didn't.

They're met with more guards and Steve pushes a stack of metal barrels into them, stopping the Russians in their tracks. But other guards still chased them through the space— until Robin throws open another door, ushering everyone in.

Steve is the last one in and slams the door, pressing his body against it. Loud banging from the other side of the door alerts Matilda, and she turns to hold the door with him. "Robin." She yells over, knowing she's barely strong enough to help Steve. The girl sprints back, pushing against the door as well.

Erica finds a grate and opens it, yelling at the others to join them. "Come on!" Dustin calls as Erica climbs into the air duct.

"Go! Get out of here!" Steve shoots back.

The older teens pushed the door as hard as they could, but their bodies jerked as the Russians slammed into it intensely. "Dustin! You have to go!" Matilda screams.

"No, Matilda, I can't—"

"Go, please. I love you, now please get some help!" Matilda nods, scrunching her nose.