ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁰⁴

˗ˏˋ will the wise ! ˎˊ˗

⋆⁺₊⋆  ⋆⁺

IN THE REAL WORLD, Will and Matilda were standing in the middle of the field, facing each other. Their eyes were rolled back, and their bodies were slightly shaking.

Joyce Byers had raced into the school, where she ran into Dustin. The party had been calling for their lost friends, and suddenly Lucas burst through the door.

"The field!"

They all ran out, seeing that Mike was already there with them. "Will." He was shaking his friends shoulder, trying to wake him. Mike turned to see his friends and Joyce. "I just found them like this! I think Will's having another episode, and Matilda— well, I don't know!" The group ran up to them, watching as Will and Matilda's eyes rolled in the back of their heads.

"Will? Will. Will!" Joyce called to her son, grabbing his arms and shaking him. "Sweetie, wake up. It's mom!" She tried.

Dustin was attending to his cousin, shaking her as well. "Matilda! Please, Matilda. Come on!"

He watched as the white streak in her hair began to form, starting to color her hair from the root to the ends. "Holy shit." He exclaimed, causing Max to look over at the unaware girl.

"What's wrong with them?" She asked, but received no answer.

"Will, wake up." Joyce tried again.

But Will was still being surrounded. Matilda was forced to watch him, sobs wracking her body.

"Will, please just wake up!"

"Matilda, Matilda come on!" The kids all looked at each other, watching the mom and cousin beg for their family to wake up.

Both of their eyes shot open, and Matilda crumbled to the ground. Dustin bent down, wrapping her in a hug. She sobbed in the real world now, her mind filled with the image of Will. She looked up to the young boy who was hugging his mom.

"Will." She choked out. His eyes met hers, fear radiating from both pairs. Joyce began to lead her son to the school, the rest of them following. Dustin helped Matilda up, and she was met with hugs from the other boys. "I'm fine. I'm alright." She reassured them and began walking.

They went inside to grab their bags and followed the Byers' out a side door. "Okay, that totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?" The redhead remarked.

The boys ignored her, having their own conversation. "Two episodes in two days."

"It's getting worse." Mike replied.

"You think it's True Sight?" Lucas asked.

"What's True Sight?" The younger girl queried.

"It's nothing."

As they watched Joyce pull out of the school, Matilda sat on the steps. She held her head in her hands, trying to calm herself down. "Matilda?" Dustin said, sitting next to her.

"Oh my God." Her breathing was heavy, and her words came out in a single exhale.

"Uh, were you... why did you—"