ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ

⋆⁺₊⋆  ⋆⁺

1966. Hawkins, Indiana.

Laurie Henderson was a part of MKUltra at Hawkins Lab. Laurie didn't particularly want to do this testing, but she figured she had nothing to lose when she was approached to participate.

When she started, Laurie didn't know she had been pregnant. The plan was for her to begin the experiments and then get pregnant. Martin Brenner began to have problems with the young woman, and he thought it was best to release her.

The lab brainwashed her memories of MKUltra, resulting in all of her experiences surrounding the lab to disperse.

Laurie moved to a small town in Connecticut before her baby was born, hoping to stay far away from Hawkins. She loved it there, but something in her told Laurie it wasn't safe anymore.

So she moved.

Her baby was born on February 7th, 1967. She named her beautiful baby girl Matilda. Laurie didn't pass on her own last name for the girl, in fear of being connected to her at first glance. Laurie may have forgotten the experiments, but she didn't forget the man who did them.

They made a new life— but Laurie began to become very dependent on drinking.

As Matilda grew up, she knew her mother wasn't okay. But laurie convinced her daughter she was fine, and all Matilda could do was stand by.

1983. Colebrook, Connecticut.

Laurie had a sickening feeling in her stomach. She decided to send Matilda to her sister Claudia's house back in Hawkins. Laurie didn't want to, but had no one else to turn to. She knew Matilda's father wouldn't take the girl, as he was just as messed up as she was.

So off Matilda went to Indiana.

Laurie sent her daughter a letter as well, telling her she was leaving the country and she would be staying there for a while. She didn't explain any further.

One day, black cars rolled up to Laurie's trailer.
Laurie knew what was coming, and accepted her terrible fate. They entered the house, killing Laurie Henderson with a single shot to the head.

No one heard a sound.

This was kept hidden for two years.

1985. Hawkins, Indiana.

It was Ellen Stinson who decided that the young daughter of Laurie Henderson shouldn't be kept in the dark about her mother. She made a call to Matilda, who reluctantly agreed to meet her.

Matilda was going to meet the mysterious woman in a park. She was nervous, only knowing that it was about her mother. She sat on a bench, picking at her cuticles.

"Matilda."

The teen girl looked up, seeing a woman with short, dark hair in a suit standing there. "Yes, that's me."

"Matilda, I'm going to reveal to you some very important information. involving your mother, and you. You're sure you are ready?"

Matilda nodded, saying, "Yes."

Elle takes a seat next to her. "Your mother was a member of MKUltra before you were born. It was a series of experiments done in hopes to expand the human mind. Now, your mother, she was having problems."

Matilda was deep in thought as Elle explained. She remembered Hopper telling her about Terry Ives— El's mother. This was all sounding too familiar for Matilda's liking.

"Dr. Brenner released her from the experiments early on. He didn't know she was pregnant. With you." Elle said quietly.

Matilda looks over, meeting the woman's gaze. "What?" Her voice was shaky.

"You've been having, visions. Dreams?"

Matilda was taken aback, and her brows furrowed. "Yes, how did you—"

"It's because of the experiments. We can help you grab hold of your true powers, Matilda. They are only weak now because you haven't been accustomed to them yet." Elle says carefully.

"No."

Elle sighed, "Matilda—"

"No." Matilda stood and began to walk away, tears brimming in her eyes.

"Wait." The girl spun around, seeing Elle standing up quickly. "You mother, she was... killed." Elle said with a frown, "She was killed because what she had been put through, but I don't think they know about you. I believe she sent you away because she knew that would happen."

"What?" Tears filled Matilda eyes even more, making her vision blur. "She didn't leave the country? She didn't... abandon me?"

"No, Matilda. She didn't. She loved you." Tears spill down Matilda's cheeks. "We can help you. Let us help. My organization has a new base set up, far from Hawkins. You'll be safe."

Matilda shakes her head slightly. "I can't. I won't leave. I'm so sorry."

And with that, Matilda turns on her heels and walks to her car, leaving the mysterious woman at the park. She starts the car, and began driving home in silence.

Her mother was dead.

If what this woman said is truthful, then her mother was really just gone. She was murdered in cold blood, and she'd sent Matilda away to protect her from those evil killers.

She never said goodbye.

『 MATILDA ! 』lumosstarr

MATILDA !
lumosstarr