ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁰²

˗ˏˋ the weirdo on maple street ! ˎˊ˗

⋆⁺₊⋆  ⋆⁺

THE FANTASTIC FOUR traveled back to the Wheeler household in efforts to get out of the rain, and talk to the girl they found. As the storm continued outside, Matilda gathered the group in the basement, with her sitting next the lost girl on the couch.

With Matilda's flannel wrapped around her, the girl was still breathing heavily. She looked scared. Terrified.

The Wheeler boy spoke up first, breaking the silence. "Is there a number we can call for your parents?" The girl looked up at him, not speaking a word.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Matilda smacked her cousin's arm at his crude questions.

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?"

Lucas reached out to touch where he had seen said blood, but Matilda smacked him too. "Stop it! You're freaking her out." She exclaimed, turning to the girl next to her and giving her a soft, apologetic smile.

"She's freaking ME out!" Lucas reasoned.

"I bet she's deaf." Dustin tilted his head.

Matilda gasped, "Dustin!"

Her cousin clapped in front of the girl and she jumped at the action. "Not deaf." He shrugged.

"All right that's enough, all right? She's just scared and cold." Mike spoke up.

They stayed in silence for a few moments until Matilda decided the young girl needed new clothes. "Mike, do you have any spare clothes she can wear?" Mike furrowed his brows and then nodded and walked over to a laundry basket.

Suddenly, a loud thunder crack looms over the house.

The girl jumped once again and Matilda slowly rested a hand on top of hers. The girl stared at her with wide eyes. "It's alright. You're safe here." The girl's expression barely changes, but she relaxes under Matilda's gentle touch and reassuring words.

"Here, these are clean okay?" Mike hands her some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, which are taken hesitantly. The girl sheds Matilda's flannel and stands up, reaching for the bottom of her shirt.

"No, no, no!"

"Oh my god, oh my god!"

The boys all exclaim and hurry to cover their eyes. Matilda grabs the girl's arms in order to hold them so she won't go any further.

"There's a bathroom over there that you can change in." Matilda points. "You'll have privacy there. Okay?" The girl, still confused with the boys' chaos, grabs the clothes and heads over there. Matilda follows, going to shut the door behind her, but is stopped from doing so.

"You don't want it closed?" Matilda asks.

The girl looks down, and replies for the first time of the night. "No."