ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰¹⁰

˗ˏˋ aftermath ! ˎˊ˗

⋆⁺₊⋆  ⋆⁺

STEVE HARRINGTON ran into the hospital, holding the freezing girl in his arms. The receptionist looked up at the crying boy, her eyes wide. "She needs... a doctor." He pants, trying to catch his breath. She nods and goes to the phone on her desk.

Steve had sent the kids to go inform Hopper and the others, so he was currently the only one at the hospital for Matilda. There weren't that many people in the hospital lobby, as it was pretty late.

Multiple people in white coats rushed over to Steve with a gurney. He was instructed to place the girl on it, but he hated that he had to let go.

A nurse approached him, leading him to a chair in the waiting area. "What's your name, honey?"

"Uh, Steve. Steve Harrington." He replied, his voice wavering.

"Alright, what's the name of the young lady you brought in?" The nurse asked gently.

"Matilda Campbell."

She nodded, writing onto her clipboard. "Okay, and what happened with Miss Campbell?"

Steve paused. He couldn't tell her that. What was he going to say? "Steve?"

He looked to the nurse quickly. "Oh, um she, she passed out. We were... we were hanging out and we were in the car. We got, uh we got hit and crashed. And she, she passed out." He stuttered, his brain running to try and make up a story.

"Okay. We're going to contact her parents. You're welcome to stay here." He nodded and sat back in the chair. "And, hun, are you all right?"

Steve furrowed his brows. "What?"

"You look like you took a good hit yourself. Do you need to be checked out?"

He'd completely forgotten that he fought Billy.
Steve shook his head. "No, no. Just, please, help her."

The nurse smiled softly. "She's in good hands. You must really love her."

"What?" Steve's brows furrowed.

"Your girlfriend."

His eyes widen and he starts to shake his head frantically. "Oh, no, we aren't... no. She's just a friend. We're not, together, no." He lets out.

The nurse just chuckles and walks off.

Girlfriend?

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

The rest of their friends had finally gotten to the hospital. Sam Owens had been brought to the same one, and he was completely guarded by some government officials.

They talked things over with Hopper, and they would end up looking over Matilda too. Their reports would never be kept, they were only there to be treated and released. For Sam, it wasn't hard. He left within a few days on crutches.