ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁰⁴

˗ˏˋ the sauna test ! ˎˊ˗

⋆⁺₊⋆  ⋆⁺

THE BIRDS CHIRPED outside Matilda's window the next morning. They welcomed her when she woke up, as she once again wiped her nose of the blood that dripped down from it.

Matilda let out an exasperated groan. She was over having these dreams. Maybe she should have taken that woman's offer. No, she said to herself. She couldn't leave her friends or family here. She had to stay. She had to save them.

Matilda honestly couldn't care less about the so called evil Russians that were connected to the mall. She figured she would go help Steve and meetup with El later to deal with Billy.

She rolled out of bed and grabbed a tissue to rid her hand of the blood. Matilda stood in the middle of her room for a minute, rubbing her eyes with the heel of her palms.

"Bells?"

Speaking of Steve, Matilda had forgotten he had spent the night. The girl was so occupied with her own thoughts she had completely ignored the warmth next to her when she woke up.

Steve sat up, rubbing his eyes too. "Morning." Matilda replied softly, shivering as she felt the cool air of her room take over her body. She'd also forgotten that she was naked. Matilda scrambled to find a sweatshirt to throw over her head, successfully doing so when she came across a forest green one.

The boy in her bed gave a soft chuckle, amused at Matilda's actions. a smile spread on his face as he tilted his head. "Morning to you too, doll." Steve teased, using a playfully nickname.

Matilda's cheeks became a dark shade of pink. "Shut up." The frazzled girl bit back a smile as she grabbed a pair of underwear and jeans. Steve's eyes lingered on her body as she pulled them on, and watched her jump a bit when getting her jeans up. "Alright, lover boy, you can stop staring now." Matilda rolled her eyes.

Steve put his hands up in defense. "Can't I admire my angel of a girlfriend in peace?"

Matilda pretends to think, her finger tapping her lips. "Not when she's quite literally just rolled out of bed. Now hurry up, or you're gonna be late to work." She moves over to the boy with messy hair and gives him a small kiss on his cheek. "I'm gonna put some makeup on and we can go. Hm?"

She moves to her desk, sitting in front of her large mirror. Matilda grabs the mascara tube that lay by itself and begins to swipe it onto her lashes. She can hear Steve getting out of the bed and rustling around, assuming he's changing for work. The girl finished with her mascara and looked around for her blush.

Matilda feels a pair of arms wrap around her waist and she looks up, meeting Steve's eyes in the mirror. Matilda raised her brows slightly as he placed his chin on her shoulder and moved one hand to show her the item he was holding.
"Ah, there it is." Matilda couldn't stop the smile that creeped onto her face. "Thank you." She whispers.

He smirks and now he's the one who places a quick kiss on her cheek. Matilda places her fingertip into the pink makeup and dabs it on her cheeks. Steve continued watching her in the mirror, making her roll her eyes when she'd catch him. Matilda put more blush on her finger and taps his nose. "Hey!" He tries to wipe it off, but only rubs it in more.