ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁰⁸

˗ˏˋ the upside down ! ˎˊ˗

⋆⁺₊⋆ ⋆⁺

JONATHAN BYERS had never driven faster in his life. He whipped into his driveway and slammed the brakes right in front of his house. They got out and went to his trunk, grabbing their supplies.

They put everything down in the living room and began screwing all the lightbulbs back onto the christmas lights. Matilda noticed how messy the place was, and felt terrible that they were most likely going to mess it up even more. Nancy moved to the living room, grabbing the gun and loading it with bullets. Jonathan began hammering nails into a baseball bat, causing the sharp ends to stick out.

Now that was a weapon.

Matilda grabbed the gasoline and began pouring it on the carpet, while Nancy and Jonathan began to set the bear trap. In their success, she doused it with gasoline.

"I really hope this monster likes blood." Matilda remarks as they head to the kitchen to grab a few knives. They headed back to the living room, and stood in a triangle as they repeated their plan.

"Remember."

"Straight into Will's room. And—"

"Don't step on the trap."

"Wait for the yo-yo to move."

"Then—" Matilda flicks open the lighter, "We burn the bitch to the ground."

"All right. You ready?" Jonathan looks at the girls.

"Ready."

"Yep."

They raise the knives to their palms, leaving the blade resting on the skin. "On three. One... two..."

"You guys don't have to do this." Jonathan says quickly, shaking his head.

"Jonathan, stop talking."

"I'm just saying you don't have to—"

"Three!" Matilda cuts him off and slices her hand open. The other two follow suit.

Blood seeped from their palms and onto the carpet, leaving ugly red spots. They moved to the couch to bandage their hands as fast as possible. Nancy and Jonathan helped each other while Matilda bandaged her own.

Third-wheeling was always fun.

"Did you hear that?" Nancy spoke as she looked to the front of the house.

"It's just the wind." Jonathan reassured. Nancy turned back to him with a worried expression. "Don't worry. My mom, she said the lights speak when it comes."

"Speak?" Matilda asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Blink." Jonathan corrected himself. "Think of them as alarms."

Nancy continued wrapping Jonathan's hand, causing Matilda's eyes to wander to the lights above her. "Is that too tight?"

"No, it's fine. Thanks."