ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁰⁹

˗ˏˋ the piggyback ! ˎˊ˗

⋆⁺₊⋆  ⋆⁺

IT WAS DARK OUT when the rest of the group arrived back at the trailer park. They stayed back near the woods to avoid being caught by the original owners of the RV.

Robin and Dustin sat at the table, with Eddie, Steve and Matilda standing around them. Nancy was near the front of the RV, pacing.

"Okay. I wanna run through it one more time." Nancy stated, turning to face the others. "Phase one."

"We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready." Robin says.

"Phase two."

Steve continues, "Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance."

"Phase three?"

"Me and Eddie draw the bats away." Dustin adds.

"Four." Nancy states.

Robins starts, "We head into Vecna's hopefully newly bat-free lair, and..."

"Flambé." Matilda chimes in.

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?" Nancy questions.

"Got it."

Everyone nodded and made their way out of the RV, sneaking back into the park. Carefully, they ran to Eddie's trailer and closed the door behind them. Steve began to take his bag off, getting ready to enter the Upside Down.

"Be careful," Dustin says.

Steve nods, "Thanks, buddy." He grabbed onto the makeshift rope, saying, "Here goes nothing." Steve grunts as he pulls himself up, climbing into the other side. He landed on the ground, looking up at the others and shrugging nonchalantly.

"What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin quips. Matilda stifled a laugh and watched as Steve moved the mattress under the rope.

"All right. Let's go."

Matilda was first, shrugging off her backpack and hopping onto the rope. She fell onto the mattress with a huff, Steve leaning over to help her up. "That is real, right?" She queries.

"Yup, no Vecna." Steve replies and Matilda nods, then turns to grab the supplies that had fallen down after her.

Nancy was now climbing the rope, gracefully landing on the mattress. She picked up her bag when it landed in a thud after she was helped up.
Eddie fell down next, accepting the help up. His shield followed him, and he was quick to grab that too. Robin followed him, both Steve and Matilda grabbing one of her hands to pull her up. Her backpack fell down after her, and then the multiple spears. Dustin was last, sitting up himself. Eddie and Robin grabbed the boy so he would actually stand after catching his breath.

Everyone made sure they had their weapons before heading outside of the trailer.

They started walking before Steve turned to face Dustin and Eddie. Matilda turned too, her brain swarming with worry. Steve spoke, "Hey, guys, listen. If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute, or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just—"