ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁰⁶

˗ˏˋ the monster ! ˎˊ˗

⋆⁺₊⋆ ⋆⁺

IN THE OTHER WORLD, Matilda ran as fast as her legs would take her. "Nancy! Jonathan!" She screamed out for her friends, but only recieved the echo of her own voice as a reply. As she moved closer to he entrance, she started to faintly hear voices.

"I'm right here! Where are you!"

"Jonathan? I'm here!"

"Just follow my voice! Matilda, I'm here!"

"Nancy!" Matilda called desperately.

"Matilda!"

She turned, hearing her name, but was met with the terrifying creature she had seen in her dream. It snarled at her and she bolted. She ran behind a tree, panting from the sudden burst of exercise. There was a chirping sound close to her, but she didn't dare to look back.

The creature passed behind her as Matilda held her breath.

"Matilda! Follow my voice!"

She whipped her head to the left and saw the hole she had crawled through. It was getting smaller by the second. She ran to it, and stuck her hand through, hoping someone was on the other side. "Nancy!" She yelled out.

"Matilda! Oh my God." Nancy reached out for her friend's hand and pulled.

Finally, the girl made it out and fell on top of Nancy from the sheer force of being pulled out of another dimension.Immediately, Matilda's arms were wrapped around her friend, and she sobbed into her shoulder.

Jonathan helped the girls to sit up and wrapped his own arms around them. "We got you. It's okay." He reassured as Matilda continued to cry.

"Let's get you back to my house."

Matilda nodded at Nancy's words and slowly stood up. Her brain was jumbled as she tried to figure out what the fuck just happened.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

The trio had gotten back to the Wheeler's house and were now in the safe space of Nancy's room. Matilda sat on the ground, still clad in her slimy clothes.

"Tilda, you can shower and sleepover. I can have my mom call your aunt and— and say it's because we don't want to be alone after the funeral."

The girl just nodded and started to stand. She knew her way around the house, so she took the clothes Nancy was letting her borrow to sleep in and made her way to the door. "No funny business while I'm gone." She said as she walked out, which made Nancy scoff.

She turned the knob on the shower, making the water hot. A light fog immersed from the shower, and she stepped in, feeling the steaming water run down her skin. Her head ached and she dug the heel of her palms into her eyes to try and relieve some of the pressure. As soon as she closed them though, flashes of the grueling chase appeared in her mind.

Why did she dream about this thing before? She had never seen it in real life.

But it manifested itself in her head.

She finished wiping the slime off of her and felt as relaxed as she could have been after what happened. She changed and found her way back to Nancy's room.