ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁰²

˗ˏˋ the mall rats ! ˎˊ˗

⋆⁺₊⋆  ⋆⁺

A HEADACHE laced Matilda's brain when she woke, and a small trickle of blood left her nose as she sat up. She swiped a finger over her upper lip, then brought it down to see the red coloration on her fingertip. This time, she was in an unfamiliar warehouse with rats scurrying around her. Matilda had heard the sound of a car crashing, but that was it.

Matilda groaned as she made her way to the bathroom, going to wash her hands. She looked in the mirror, eyeing her ratted up hair. She hopped in the shower, knowing it would cure her aching head a little.

When Matilda finished up getting ready, she headed to work at Family Video. She would usually work the morning shift, and then went to the mall after.

Today was no different. The girl drove back to her house after her shift to pick up Dustin. They drove off to Starcourt and found their way to Scoops Ahoy, standing in line behind a couple other people. Finally, they reached the front. Dustin was smiling at Robin, while Matilda stood behind him with her arms crossed. "Hi."

"Hi." Robin narrowed her eyes at the teen boy, glancing at Matilda.

"I'm Dustin." He grinned.

Robin raised her brows, "I'm Robin."

"Pleasure to meet you. Uh, is... is he here?"

A small smile creeps onto Robin's face, as Matilda raises her eyebrows. "Is who here?"

Suddenly, Steve bursts through the door, as it was safe to assume he heard them talking. "Henderson." Dustin laughs as Steve jumps in excitement. "He's back!"

"I'm back! You got the job!" Dustin nods.

"I got the job!"

Matilda rolls her eyes at the boys and leans over to Robin. "I swear, he likes my cousin more than he likes me."

Robin scoffs as Steve and Dustin performed their handshake. "I hate to break it to you, but I have to agree." Robin turns to Steve, "How many children are you friends with?"

"Get Dustin whatever he wants, I promised it was on me." Matilda tells the girl running the register. Robin nods and does so.

Steve and Dustin make their way to a booth, and the younger boy begins to eat his ice cream as Matilda joins them, sliding in next to her boyfriend. He snakes an arm around her waist, placing a chaste kiss on top of her head. Dustin tells them about his new girlfriend, referring to her as hotter than Phoebe Cates.

"No, no way." Steve says, "Hotter than Phoebe Cates? No."

Matilda nods along, "Yeah, I don't think that's possible."

"Mhm." Dustin confirms. "Brilliant too. And she doesn't even care that my real pearls are still coming in. She says kissing is better without teeth."

Matilda looks up at Steve, a small smile gracing her lips. Steve shakes his head, "Wow. Yeah, that's great. Proud of you, man."

"So proud."

"That's, uh, that's kinda romantic. that's like... wow." Matilda snorts at Steve's stuttering.