ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁰²

˗ˏˋ vecna's curse ! ˎˊ˗

⋆⁺₊⋆  ⋆⁺

THE BREATHLESS GIRL shot up from her sleeping position, frantically looking around the room. Her shoulders heaved as she watched for any signs of the cheerleader from her dream, but found nothing.

Matilda slowly brought her knees to her chest and her hands to her face. She let silent tears fall from her eyes, holding back sobs.

She flinched when she felt a hand placed on her back, swatting to move the hand away. Matilda continued to rock a little, trying to calm herself down. "It's just a dream. It's just a dream." She mumbled, as she usually did when a nightmare woke her up.

Steve watched his girlfriend carefully for the next ten minutes as she stayed curled up.

When she finally came out of it, Matilda turned to Steve, seeing his worried expression. She crawled over and embraced him in a hug, which he gladly returned. He could tell this nightmare hit Matilda hard, and didn't pry with any questions. She pulled away and wiped her tears, watching as Steve's brows furrowed. "What?"

"Uh, your nose is— it's bleeding again."

Matilda's eyes widened as she pressed a finger under her nose. Sure enough, a deep crimson color stained her fingertip. "Are you okay?"

She looked back up at Steve, and quickly nodded her head. "Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about me."

But Steve would always worry about her, even if she asked him not to. "Okay, um, I have to get going to work. I'll see you later, yeah?" Steve starts as he stands from the bed.

Matilda nods, turning her focus on her hands. She feels a finger lift her chin up, and she meets the gaze of her boyfriend, who is bending down in front of her.

He presses a soft kiss onto her lips, his eyes warm when he pulls back. "I love you." Steve whispers.

"I love you."

Steve went quickly out the door, as he was going to be late to his shift if he didn't. Matilda flopped back onto her bed, enjoying the silence and the warm sun rays that crept through her blinds.

She couldn't close her eyes, in fear that she would see something happen again. After what felt like just a few minutes, but was probably around thirty, a loud knocking rang through her bedroom. "Matilda!" More knocking, then, "Matilda, get your ass out of bed!"

The girl groaned, reluctantly getting up. "Dustin, I swear to—"

Matilda swung the door open, seeing a distressed Max and panicky Dustin. "We need you to drive us to Family Video."

"What? I'm not even dressed yet—"

"Now! It's important. We need to find Eddie, okay, we'll explain on the way." Dustin nods, gesturing for her to hurry it up.

Matilda looked to Max, whose eyes were pleading. "Shit." Matilda whispered, "It's about Chrissy isn't it?"

"How did you—"

The brunette shook her head. "I'll explain on the way. Now, let me change!" Matilda closes her door and quickly throws off her pajamas, changing into jeans and an oversized t-shirt. She threw on her converse and opened the door again. "Okay, let's go."