16 | Orders

I remember the immense burning sensation on my skin and I was quickly sent flying back until the air felt cool again.

A Titan's roar. Mere feet away from me.

I hadn't realized how terrifying that feeling was, knowing that whatever I did, I wouldn't be quick enough. If I were simply standing in the wrong spot, just a few steps forward, I would've been a goner.

"Y/N!" Hange knelt next to me, putting her arm on my shoulder and supporting me from the front with the other. I let out a pant and wiped sweat from my forehead.

"Are you alright?"

I nodded, staring at the Titan before us.

The Armoured Titan grabbed Eren. I was about to grab my blades, but his skin was already well hardened. My blades wouldn't do anything.

Levi told me to kill every Titan I see, but also to put safety first.

As I was about to risk it to grab Eren, there was a shot of lightning at the Armoured Titan's fist. And the Attack Titan appeared.

The Colossal Titan raised his fist and I heard Hange's orders. "Men! Get away from the wall!"

I snapped my head towards the Colossal Titan and swung off the wall as his fist destroyed where we were just standing. He had managed to grab Ymir and one other soldier. Before any of us could even attempt at saving the two, he tossed them in his mouth.

"Men! Prepare for battle!" Hange ordered. "We're gonna bring the Colossal Titan down! He's an enemy of mankind! Charge all at once!"

Soldiers ran along his arms, other already swinging by behind his neck. The nape was exposed. With such a large body, he moved quite slow compared to the slender figure of the Female Titan.

I hovered behind his neck, but I felt a slight change in the surrounding temperature. I didn't get an order for it, but I quickly redirected my path so I went far away from the Colossal Titan.

It seemed like a good idea.

He sent this searing smoke from his body, you may as well have heard the sizzle of skin as soldiers failed to escape the attack. He was slow. But he wasn't defenseless.

"Water, somebody fetch water!" Someone yelled.

I stared at the Colossal Titan, heat radiating from his like a bonfire. From what I could recall from the Shiganshina District incident, he disappeared in moments. Right now, he didn't seem to show any signs of disappearing.

"What should we do?" Armin asked Hange.

"Nothing. We'll just have to wait." She motioned for me to follow her. "Squads 3 and 4, you're on standby behind the target! Squad 2, you guys are on standby here. Lauda, I'm leaving you in charge."

She looked to Armin and I. "Armin, Y/N, and Squad 1, follow me! Our opponent will be the Armoured Titan!"

Eren lied in a daze on the ground, his Titan form motionless, while Mikasa swung around like a fly around the Armoured Titan's head.

Eren got to his feet and let his fist meet the Armoured Titan's face. A roar sounded through the land and the Armoured Titan fought back, blasting off half of Eren's face.

It was like trying to fist fight a man covered in steel. You won't do anything.

With Eren staggering to his feet, Armin yelled to him to retreat closer to the wall. Yet, even then, would it be worth it? The Armoured Titan would continue fighting.

Mikasa's smoke of gas she left as she swung around trailed down to the small forest near the ground.

He let out another roar, but as I stared down at his stance, I held up my hand so Hange didn't allow the squads to do anything. She told me to do that anytime I wanted to do something since she didn't have the 'superpower of reading my face' like Levi did.