20 | Royalty

I sighed, massaging my temple as the air was finally void of the agonizing screams.

"I think Hange pulled out too many teeth." And that's all Levi had to say on the topic. He quickly changed it to something else.

Something I wasn't really expecting him to change it to.

"You don't actually like hurting people, do you?"

It was a vague question so I gave a vague answer. "I don't."

•••

"What happened with Hange?" Levi wondered the next morning at a brief meeting with his squad.

"She said she had something urgent to discuss with Commander Erwin and left in a hurry." Eren seemed unsure with his reply, likely knowing it could irritate Levi.

It did, just a bit.

"That four eyes..." He turned to the messenger who had made notes on Commander Pixis and Erwin's meeting. "Nifa, thanks for working with the transmissions throughout the night. Just cut to the chase and tell everyone what Erwin said."

My eyes flickered to the two members of the Reeves Corporation, peacefully seated down without saying a word.

Levi was deciding to trust them, but I was ready to lop off the head of whoever decides to go Levi in any way.

And I mean in any way.

"Flegel, was it? I welcome you."

"You're... Levi, was it? If you'd really like to make a welcome, shouldn't you be putting out some tea?" His snarky grin made me want to thrust a blade into his kidney. Dead in five seconds, so generally painless.

Levi put his arm in front of me, knowing well how many ways I could kill the one in front of me. "We'll listen together here. This concerns more than the Reeves Corporation but also the fate of this world. Your power and your trust is important."

Dimo Reeves lifted his hand from the back of Flegel's head to allow him to sit up. "Understood. We'll stay, so please continue."

"Well then," Nifa began. "in regards to Historia ascending to the throne as the queen..."

I frowned as my brows draw together. "Queen?"

Nifa looked to Levi.

"...I've neglected to tell my squad but it appears that the current Fritz Royal House is just standing in for the real royal family: the Reiss Family."

Historia stood, dumbfounded. It's abundantly clear that she didn't know about this either.

"We heard something about allowing Historia to ascend to the throne, but is that the main objective of this mission?" Armin asked with his hand raised.

"Exactly. Historia, your thoughts." Levi didn't ask. He practically demanded her to answer him.

Her eyes filled with reluctance. "I-It's impossible. I can't."

"Right? Being told all of a sudden to become the most authoritative figure amongst the people of this world. After all, there aren't very many people who would answer 'yes' right away."

Levi got threateningly close to Historia. "But.. none of that is important."

"...I couldn't possibly-"

"You don't want to?"

"I couldn't possibly-" She was cut off by Levi grabbing her collar and lifting her up. "Understood. Then run away. Run away from us with all your power. And we'll also use all our power to capture you and use whatever means necessary to make you obey."