45 | Home

We flew to the ground and I sighed.

The moment my feet touched solid ground, I sat down and leaned on Falco's titan.

Levi knelt next to me, grabbing my shoulders and pulling me in. "Fuck... I thought you died when that titan..."

"I didn't." I buried my face in his shoulder, assuring him that it was all real as I said, "I'm still here."

He sighed and put his hands on my cheeks, squeezing them. "Don't ever do that shit again."

"No promishes."

Hange put her arms around both our shoulders. "The Founder is gone... We just need to find that gooey thing that attached to Eren the last time."

Levi nodded and stood up, then held out his hand to help me up as well.

The thing is that he didn't let go.

We all approached a divot formed in the ground by the explosion.

Armin's titan came clawing its way out while Reiner still lied there. I could hear him breathing, so I knew that he was still alive.

But something else was still alive as well.

"What is that thing...?" I mumbled.

Whatever it was, it reattached itself to Eren and the transforming explosion lit up the area.

"I knew you weren't gonna die from that," Jean said.

Smoke radiated from the shiny... thing and I took in a breath.

The smell was familiar.

Familiar in a bad, bad way. I squeezed Levi's hand and we both turned to each other at the same time. He furrowed his brow, noticing my horrified expression. "What is it?"

"The wine... it smells like the wine."

We couldn't ever forget that. The betrayal we felt after the barely-gotten trust that we gave to Zeke. The wine that turned our comrades into titans.

"Get on Falco." I ordered him for the first time in my life.

His eyes widened and his entire body spun to face me. He grabbed my arms, squeezing me tightly.

"No. No fucking chance."

"You need to get away from the explosion. Go with Mikasa and those who are titan shifters."

"I'm not leaving you here."

"Levi, you have no choice."

"I'm not, I told you I wouldn't be able to kill you if you were to ever turn into a titan, but fuck, I didn't think it'd be after all the things we had to do."

"You know what-"

"I can't lose you, you idiot, I love your dumbass too much!"

My lips parted for a moment.

I didn't quite no what that feeling felt like. But, all I knew was that the quick heartbeats, the warm faces, the urge to smile, the comfortability, everything I ever had with Levi was not shared with anyone else.

He was like home.

My lips came back together and I smiled. I couldn't believe that this was how it would end.

"Levi..." I pulled him close and said in a low voice, "You better live."

His eyes widened as I pushed him away, onto Falco, with Mikasa practically dragging Pieck onto his back as well.

"Y/N!"

Falco flew off before anyone could get on or off.

I smiled as Hange put her arm around my shoulder, looking up at the retreating titan. "Do you know how long the entire Survey Corps has been waiting for that confession?"