19 | Interrogation

Unlike the cadets, I was stationed on the roof, a lookout of sorts.

My eyes were peeled for a wagon, specifically one lacking any merchandise or covering. Even just a speeding wagon is enough.

I looked down at the group, seeing a multitude of people begin to gather around Levi, blocking him from my vision. If he were just a little taller...

I shifted from my position, my eyes flickering back and forth between the crowd gathering around Levi and the road behind. Something seemed to be tugging inside me, a disturbance from how close people were getting to Levi. What if he emerges, injured? Are they saying cruel things to him?

Then I spotted a wagon speeding down the road towards Levi and his squad.

A whistle sounded through the air and the crowd dispersed. Those seated in the rushing wagon proceeded in grabbing Armin and Jean dressed as Eren and Historia.

Levi and Mikasa quickly appeared next to me.

"Got a profile on the riders?" Levi asked.

"None are professional, none of which hiding their face or making an effort to be secretive. All of them seem to be middle to upper class, or at least working for someone middle or upper class."

Levi let out a breath through his teeth. "Anything else?"

"One, I recognize as some sort of pervert. A grin of ecstasy as he placed himself atop of who he believed to be Historia."

"Filthy." He stood up. "But that means that if we don't hurry, they'll see through their disguises. Let's go."

•••

I pressed my ear against the roof.

"How many people?"

"It's nearly silent, but I'd assume at least three including Armin and Jean. Only one person is talking." I lifted my head and looked over the edge of the roof. "Three people are on their way."

"Then let's head in." Levi stared at me. "Don't engage. Your arm is still healing."

I could basically cartwheel on it by then, but I nodded.

The majority of us went inside while Connie waited on the roof on the look out. Mikasa took out the guard and I went behind Armin, loosening his bindings, while Sasha did the same for Jean.

I paused for a moment.

"Y/N?"

"They're outside."

As I said that, Connie poked his head through the roof's window. "Three people on their way in."

Levi grabbed my uninjured arm and pulled me behind one of the crates while he trusted the rest to go hide on their own. I was the most trained out of literally everyone here. He doesn't need to baby me just because I'm injured.

The door opened and voices sounded through the air.

"You stupid asshole. This better not turn into one of your screw ups." An older man said that. I swear I've heard the voice before, so I know it's someone that's at least somewhat important. And apology followed that.

"Don't report back to them just yet. This is our last chance. We can't afford any mistakes." The footsteps stopped.

"Wait, where's the guard?"

"How shall we handle this? We could start by stripping them of their clothes-"

Mikasa jumped out and her knee made contact with the man on the left. Then Levi jumped out and grabbed the neck of the man on the right, slamming him to the ground.