40 | Justice

"Since I can't see Floch from here, he's likely in one of the rooms with a window facing the ocean." I looked up at the steam radiating from the sea.

Hange put her hand on my shoulder. "From the steam and the titans' speed, I can assume that Eren is already in Marley. The cities closest to us have likely been eliminated."

Magath walked over to Yelena and pressed his hand over her mouth, knocking her over and pinning her to the ground. He grabbed her wrist and stepped on her arm, making it bend oddly with a loud crack. "Tell me where Eren Yeager is. Every time you don't tell me, you'll find a new direction for your arm to bend."

I put my hand on Magath's shoulder and knelt down next to Yelena.

Hange tapped Magath to make him stand and I recalled everything I had gathered about Yelena. "You know, Zeke isn't dead."

That got her attention like a moth to a candle.

"He's been trying to regain connection to the Founding Titan. Obviously failing. His euthanizing plan would be a much better alternative compared to this, yet... you don't seem to be on his side. Do you really just want Marley to vanish and for Zeke to be known as the fool who lost to his younger brother?"

She stared at me in silence for a while. "Fine then." She finally said. "I'll tell you where he's going."

"Now that that's done." I stood up and dusted the dirt from my hands. "We need a plan to get there."

Hange put her hand on her chin. "We could trick Floch into making him believe that the cadets are still on his side. Then no killing will need to be involved unless the plan fails."

"And it likely will." I crossed my arms, now staring at the buildings below. "Floch isn't stupid. If we arrive on horseback, which is the only mode of transportation we currently have, he'll question why we didn't go by locomotive even though it's faster, hence him thinking that they were conspiring rather than coming to warn him."

I looked back and they all gave me curious stares.

"Floch used to be my subordinate, you know. Besides, I had to think of these kinds of things for assassinations."

"So what do you think we should do?" Armin asked. "You know everyone that's down there, don't you captain?"

I hummed in thought. "I could sneak in. It has a lot of blind spots since I don't see Yeagerists at every window. I simply need to immediately get to the room Floch is in for it to work."

"Are you sure?"

"I just need to find the best way to get in. From there, I'll figure out where the Azumabito mechanics are. The only thing I won't quite have control over is how you intend to back me up."

"I have some ideas." Armin said and I nodded. "As expected."

•••

"There's about fourteen Yeagerists on top of the roof, and I spotted three through the windows. However, the windows are difficult to open from what I can tell from those who have occasionally opened and closed the windows, which will prove to be a nuisance if I want to be stealthy." I glanced at Magath, who looked at the ground pitifully. "What's the matter?"

He stared out onto the harbour. "We Marleyans had no problem killing both our own and you to get what we want, and you Eldians are trying your hardest not to kill anyone despite this situation. Yet I had the nerve to talk about our side being the side of justice...."

I shrugged. "I wasn't there when you spoke about it. So I think, rather than airing out your grievances to me, apologize to them."

He nodded slowly and turned to the cadets. I stared down at the harbour, littered with Yeagerists, and I spotted the flying machine attached to one of the boats under a tarp trapped in explosives.