Sadie- Late Night Drive

Three loud knocks echo in my apartment, waking me suddenly.

"Shit" I mutter.

I pull myself up from my armchair and slowly make my way to the door of my apartment. I pull it open, still very much disoriented. And to my surprise there stands Sadie.

She jumps in to my arms and I only just manage to catch her as she wraps her legs around my waist.

"Sadie, you're back" I exclaim, all energy rushing back to me.

She giggles as she releases from our embrace, falling back and sprawling on my armchair.

"What have you been watching?" she says, grabbing the remote and flicking it off gallery mode.

"Fast Times, good choice" she grins.

"So how was the press tour?" I ask, sitting down on the edge of the armchair.

"So tiring, I'm still running on Australian time" she grumbles.

"That explains why you're at my apartment at midnight" I say, with a laugh.

"Yeah sorry about that" she mutters.

"Trust me, I don't mind at all. I'm just happy to see you again" I say, squeezing my best friend's hand.
She smiles at this, her ears flushing red.

"Do you want to go for a drive?" she asks, staring in to my eyes hopefully.

"What, now?"

"Yep"

"Where to?"

"Just around the city"

"Okay" I say, already pulling myself up from the armchair.

She smiles widely as she grabs my hand and leads me out the door.

"Hold on, I've got to grab my car keys quickly" she says, fumbling to unlock her apartment opposite my own.

She rushes inside quickly and appears again, holding her car keys as well as two large hoodies.

"It's cold out Y/l/n, put this on" Sadie says, throwing me one of the hoodies.

I pull it on and I can't help but notice the way it smells just like Sadie. Like vanilla and green tea.

I grin to myself, hoping she doesn't notice the colour creeping to my cheeks.

"Looks good on you" she smirks, gently grabbing my hand and guiding me to the elevator.

Soon enough we are in the underground carpark. Once we reach the car, Sadie throws me the keys.

"You're driving" she exclaims.

"Why?" I protest.

"Because you love me" she smirks, winking at me.

I roll my eyes playfully as I sit down in the driver's seat.

"You're the best" she says, leaning over from the passengers seat and kissing my cheek.

I feel as my cheeks burn red yet again, I flash my eyes over to Sadie to see if she has noticed, a small smirk plays on her lips.

I pull out of the carpark and we begin to wind through the brightly lit city streets. The different shapes and sizes of the building make for a gorgeous view.

"I missed this" Sadie says, grasping my free hand.

"Me too" I murmur, grinning to myself.