Versus the Dark Night - Part 1

(Dakotas POV)

"Its crazy out there." Mark says coming out of the elevator while the city's power still goes haywire.

"Any theories?" Ryan asked.

"No." Mark answered. "Leo's trying to figure it out. One second everything's fine, the next, there's some sort of weird power surge. Do you think it cloud be—"

"Grey, maybe." Ryan finishes.

"Or, it could be a squirrel." Spyder adds. "They nibble on a few power lines and boom! Blackout."

"Spyder could be right." Harris says. "It might not be Grey."

"Spyder could be right." Spyder repeats, "This is what dignity feels right. It's okay." The ground shook and a bug flash of light came in the distance before all the lights went out.

"That came from the power plant!" Harris says.

"The city lost all of its power." 

"No squirrel did this."

——————

"I'm scanning the city for power fluctuations." Harris says while we all crowded around his desk. "Looks like all the buildings that have power are running of generators. Hold on. I'm picking up a strange reading from this house right here." Harris pointed at the house on the map.

"Oh, that's Veracity's house." Spyder says out of the blue.

"How do you know Veracity's house by heart?" I skeptically asked. 

"She's attempted to tutor me a few times, let's just say it failed so miserably she won't tutor me anymore." He explains.

"Hm." I said, very intrigued. "If you say so."

"Her house has more power than and other building in the entire city." Harris observes.

"Okay, than you guys go there and figure out while her house still has power. Maybe it can help us find out how to restore power to the city." Ryan says pointing to Harris and Spyder "And just in case Grey or Harper is behind this we need to get the power back on." 

"Are you sure sending Harris is a good idea?" Spyder asked. "Since he and Veracity are a few weapons away from a duel to the death."

"We work together when we have to! We're frenemies you guys get that." Harris says.

"No."

"Nope."

"Weird way to put it."

"Alright, we gotta go to the power plant and see if Greys behind this." Ryan says to me and Mark.

—————

We made it to the power plant, after slipping under a broken part in the fence and making sure there's no imminent threats Ryan took of his X-goggles and said,

"All right no ones around. Let's see what's going on."

"You seem different." Mark says to his brother. "Just less uptight." 

"Yeah! I guess I am." He shrugs. "Meeting my birth father took a huge weight off my shoulders."

"Was he cool?" Mark asked. "When do I get to meet him?"

"I wish you could now, but it's not safe. As long as there's people out there that can use him against us." He explained.

"All right well, let's get these guys." Mark says. "Because the sooner your dad is safe, the sooner he gets to know, that your Mark Walkers little brother."