Versus Harper's Ghost - Part 2

(Dakotas POV)

"The hallucinations aren't going away." Ryan says after Harris ran some scans in the med-bay.

"Yeah, we heard." Harris laughs.

"What do you mean you heard?" He sat up.

"Dude, you wipeout that hard people are going to talk, and text, and video chat, and post it online." Mark said while Ryan just glared at him. "Yeah most of them were me."

"Hey, Veracity." Spyder talked to himself. "No I'm not going to shave my hair, to be more aerodynamic, gotta keep my man mane for our date."

"It's not a date." Harris said.

"Okay I know you and Veracity compete a lot, but there's plenty of Spyder to go around." Spyder says in response.

"I'm still hoping it's a date." I smile from my chair on the other side of the room.

"You need to stop encouraging him." Harris says to me.

"Okay, why do I keep seeing Harper? Am I losing it?" Ryans changed the topic

"No. The technopathic part of your brain is being stimulated based on these scans." Harris begins to explain. "It matches the scans I took of you after you had those flashes of the sea monster."

"So your saying these are technopathic visions?" Ryan follows Harris out of the med-bay. "But why is Harper there? Unless... Harper is alive!" A panel on the wall sparks out of no where.

"Oh, okay you need to take it easy," Mark tries to calm down his brother. "You don't even know-"

"No, these visions have been right so far." Ryan interrupts. "It must be him sending them."

"Why would the guy who creates monsters, warn us about monsters." Harris asked.

"I don't know, I'll ask him when I put him in a box." Ryan says, lights flashing this time. 

"You mean a prison?" Mark corrects.

"Yeah," he nods, just going along with his brother, while more tech goes haywire.

"Hey," I stepped him grabbing his shoulders. "Before we jump to conclusions, would you take a breath before you destroy of piece of tech in this room."

"Tell me more about these visions." Harris asked.

"It looks like he's trying to talk." Ryan answers his question.

"Last time your brains were connected like this, we were using a neurosplicer." Harris grabs the gadget from the shelf.

"I think he's trying to say neurosplicer." Ryan said, after replaying the moments in his head.

"Okay I can work with that." Harris replied before turning back to the workbench. "Give me ten minutes maybe, just to make some adjustments and we can give it a shot."

—————

I eventually told Ryan how big of a mess I was last time he used the neurosplicer to hack Harpers brain, and this time, now that things have changed, it made me even more nervous. He kept telling me everything would be fine while I tried to talk him out of it, there wasn't a lot of other options. Though he did promise if something started to go wrong he'd shut it down, so that's something I guess.

"Are you sure about this nerdo?" Mark asked Harris, while Ryan sat on a stool in the middle of Harris's lab.

"I'm betting Harpers device isn't strong enough to send his entire message." Harris explains, putting the gadget on his head. "That's why he's saying neurosplicer. With this we can turn Ryans brain into an antenna, and get the whole message."