Versus the Thirty - Part 1

(Dakotas POV)

"Easy, easy." Harris says from his chair in the control center of the robot.

"Mark, rotate torso, two degrees to the left?" Veracity said to Mark.

"On it." He responds from the balcony. "The two halves of the robot are connected." 

"You are welcome." Harper announces from behind me. "Oh I'm sorry, did, did one of you have a half Jaguar, half dinosaur fly the pieces of the robot back to Bay City? I'm gonna go make sure the junctures hold. Harp, execute." He says making the x sign with his hands.

"Stop it."

"No."

"Ew."

"Never gonna be a thing." 

"Sure? It kinda sounds like a thing." Harper grins.

—————

"Nice, I'm always amazed to see that power work." Harper says entering the X-deck after I used my power and put the hand of the robot back on the other arm. "You know what's cool about that fist? The Harper punch will be three times more powerful than your plasma punch.

"We are not calling it the Harper punch." I quickly said. "That sounds like the worst juice drink ever, and dud your not a member of this team."

"Because I dated your mom?" He asked.

"No, it's because your tried to destroy the world." I corrected. "Look remember the deal, use your money and your tech to upgrade the robot, I take down Traeger and then it's game on between you and me."

"Whoa! Look who got all alpha on me. Look out puberty, here come Ryan. Am I right." Harper laughed. As he deliver that cringe worthy line, I thought I heard something in the hallway behind us but didn't see anything. "I get it, I get it, but we have a problem, the control pad it's still a little glitchy, none of us can figure it out, Leo May be the only one who can fix it. So where is he?"

"No clue." I answered.

"It's cool, I'll take another look at the pad. Harp-execute." He says?

"That's not a thing." I added.

"Kinda feels like a thing." He says walking away.

"Who made that a thing?" I asked.

"I think I just made it a thing" he yelled back.

"Ryan!" Leo's voice came from my mech-link. "Is he gone?" I nodded. "Good, he can't know where I am, it's to dangerous. I've programmed Marks car to fly you here."

"Why, what's going on?" I asked.

"Ryan I'm with your birth parents, your mother is very sick, you need to get here before it's to late." He explains.

"Okay, I'm on my way." I responded.

"Wait, one more thing, would you bring Dakota with you?" He says.

"Yeah, I will, why though?" I asked in response.

"Just do it, I'll explain when you get here." He answered before hanging up. Before I headed out, I still couldn't get the feeling out of my head that something was in that hallway. Just to be safe I grabbed a taser stick. Slowly creeping down the hallway, with the taser pointed out in front of me. When I turned at the end I jumped at who was actually sitting there.

"Woah, woah it's just me." Dakota says, startled by the taser in my hand.

"Geez, Dakota what the hell, you scared me. I thought somebody broke into the robot." I said throwing the taser back behind me. "What are you doing?"