Versus Traeger - Part 1

(Dakotas POV)

While we were locked in at the Tech Convention, Harris and Spyder had followed Traeger to the airport. Harris jumped off a staircase to shoot him with a tracking dart then fell onto a crate shoulder first, and now was in a sling. Honestly, that boy really earned my respect. 

It had been a few days, days that we're for me, incredibly nerve racking. I got invited to the Tampa Pro, a very prestigious professional street skateboarding competition in Tampa, Florida.  Obviously I accepted the invite. I'd been working way to hard to get back to the world class condition that I was in a year ago, if I had passed up the opportunity Ryan, my sister, the team, would have killed me. With that said, it's still my first competition back from the Olympics going on a year ago, while I'm excited, it doesn't mean I'm not nervous.

(A/N Tampa Pro is a real thing btw)

The morning me and Kendall were flying to Tampa, I was upstairs in my room packing last minute things.

"Kota!" Kendall calls from the bottom of the stairs. I left my room standing at the edge of the stairs calling back,

"What's up?" She pointed over her shoulder at the open front door, where Ryan was standing. "Hey!"

"Hey." He says just smiling.

"I swear, I didn't forget about the robot but I've gotta finish packing first." I explained from the stairs.

"No worries." He said. I turned to run back to my room, but then I turned back around, 

"You could be a big help by helping me bring bags downstairs." I asked.

"How many bags do you have for a three day trip?" Kendall asks from the kitchen.

"Not a lot, I'm just lazy and don't want to carry them."  I said while Ryan shut the front door and walked towards the stairs. I went back to my room, back to my desk where I was packing my carry on bag.

"How you feeling?" He asked coming into my room.

"Scared, nervous, terrified," I listed.

"Okay, got any good feelings on that list?" He asked.

"I'm excited to be back definitely," I said, "But I did wake up a little nauseous this morning....."

"All right stop it." He chuckles coming to the desk with me. "You got this. We're all going to watch you bring home first place from my living room."

"I know you will." I said zipping my bag. I expected him to say something but when he didn't I turned around to see him standing at the foot of my bed, just looking at the bulletin board above my bed.

"That picture of us at the beach is probably my favorite." He says while I came over to the side of my bed where my bag was. 

"Yeah, I like the skatepark ones." I handed him my bag and pulling my favorite board from under my bed, following him out of my room.

—————

Harris still in his sling, stood with Leo in the X-deck, in front of me, Ryan, and Spyder. The three of us sat side my side in the couch, Ryans arm behind me on the back of the couch.

"So," Harris begins as both he and Leo motion to a contain with red ooze in it. "This is what little red ooze we could salvage from when Grey was holding Harper."

"We've been analyzing it to help us create a weapon to destroy it." Leo explains as Harris walks to another table.

"And Bam!" He announces pulling a sheet to reveal a almost miniature arm cannon like the real one on the robot.